• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
England fans, have any of your press announced the President's XI team you're facing tomorrow?

Our communications team is worse than useless as usual.

Beamer

Ok so they replaced Rovman Powell with John Campbell and Keemo Paul with Carlos Braithwaite.

Meh.

Bijed

International Regular
Beamer, do you know what time the warm-up match starts at? I'm assuming the same time as the proper ODIs? Also, I've been working on the assumption that anyone can rock up to the ground, pay and go on in - do you know if this is the case?

Beamer

Sorry just realised they added Sheldon Cotterell also. So it's:

Jason Holder (c)
Shai Hope
Chris Gayle
Even Lewis
John Campbell
Darren Bravo
Shimron Hetmeyer
Nicholas Pooran
Carlos Braithwaite
Fabian Allen
Ashley Nurse
Devendra Bishoo
Kemar Roach
Oshane Thomas
Sheldon Cotterell

Beamer

Beamer, do you know what time the warm-up match starts at? I'm assuming the same time as the proper ODIs? Also, I've been working on the assumption that anyone can rock up to the ground, pay and go on in - do you know if this is the case?
Definitely a case of you can just turn up. I think it starts at 10am local time but as usual the board has said nothing. I'll let you know if I hear anything else.

Btw just realised Evin Lewis is injured hence why Campbell is in.

Bijed

International Regular
Definitely a case of you can just turn up. I think it starts at 10am local time but as usual the board has said nothing. I'll let you know if I hear anything else.

Btw just realised Evin Lewis is injured hence why Campbell is in.
Cheers mate, appreciated

Beamer

Finally got the squad for the warm up:

Kyle Corbin (captain), Akeem Jordan, Kavem Hodge, Alick Athanaze, Keagan Simmons, Obed McCoy, Nicholas Kirton, Chemar Holder, Ojay Shields, Kjorn Ottley, Yannick Ottley, Amir Jangoo, Keron Cottoy

Pretty meh, certainly not as strong as the warm up squad for the tests. Disappointed not to see more potential senior call ups in there

Ones to look out for are Obed McCoy who could easily be in the ODI team, Keagan Simmons who is an excellent young opener, Alick Athanaze who is one of our better young middle order batsman and the top scorer at the last under 19 world cup. Finally, Akeem Jordan was the MVP of the last List A tournament. He's an accurate medium fast bowler who moves it both ways off the seam.

Tom Flint

International Regular
So cornwall in neither squad. Has pybus come out and said he is not in their plans. His record in all formats is brilliant

Woodster

International Captain
Good news seeing Jason Roy get to three figures, such a talented one-day player, will strengthen claims from some quarters to get him in the Test team if he replicates this form in the ODI’s.