• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
The key difference in this test is the first innings spell b Wood. The moment Broad and Anderson took over the bowling WI seemed steady again. Even with good bowling by Broad the WI batters could survive. Very interesting that WI even made 250 plus after being 10 for 3. WI batters are showing ability we haven't seen in awhile and they clearly believe in themselves. WI also need to improve their catching as even in this game a few key dropped chances could have changed the game. WI also need to improve on their no ballings, they took like three wickets with no balls ? I'm super excited about this team and I hope they stick together as a unit. Eng has a lot of issues, particularly, their bowling seems weak as Anderson and Broad will be gone shortly! Broad was even dropped which suggest they're trying to find new talent.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England's bowling in England is nothing to worry about at all. It's their strength in fact.

Post Anderson & Broad is a worry, though since they've stopped playing LO cricket relatively early, their Test careers will probably continue for a fair while.

the big bambino

International Captain
I think Anderson has ambition to go on til he's 40. Broad might be the first to go. They have Archer coming through and he plus Wood (if fit) will come in nicely for Broad with some to spare.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Post Anderson/Broad, they need your Stones and Woods to stay injury free, and your Gartons to come through. No doubt there is room for an Overton or Curran also.

Beamer

So Keemo Paul and Rovman Powell are both out of the first 2 ODI's. CWI wanted to replace Paul with Gabriel but can't now as he's suspended. Wonder who they will pick now instead?

SillyCowCorner1

So Keemo Paul and Rovman Powell are both out of the first 2 ODI's. CWI wanted to replace Paul with Gabriel but can't now as he's suspended. Wonder who they will pick now instead?
They have to pluck someone from the FC scene.

Is Shamar Springer too green?
I like the idea of that kid from the Windwards: Obed McCoy

Beamer

They have to pluck someone from the FC scene.

Is Shamar Springer too green?
I like the idea of that kid from the Windwards: Obed McCoy
IMHO it depends if they are going like for like or want to rejig the squad. The bowling all rounder options appear to be Jeremiah Louis, Romario Shepard or Rayman Reifer. I also like Obed McCoy of they want a decent bowler and aren't worried about batting.

Batting all rounder like Rovman the only real alternative I can see is Cornwall who averages nearly 40 in list A cricket.

SillyCowCorner1

Of those 3 guys mentioned, Reifer is the only one with international experience. He is most likely to get the nod over the other two. To me, I think Romario Shephard is a bit like Chris Barnwell. Already seen Jeremiah Louis to know that he's quality. I am unsure of his fitness at this time since he didn't featured in the latest round of matches.

Yeah, now would be a nice time to let loose Cornwall, just to see what he has to offer; right before the WC and as an alternative to Ashley Nurse.

Beamer

Of those 3 guys mentioned, Reifer is the only one with international experience. He is most likely to get the nod over the other two. To me, I think Romario Shephard is a bit like Chris Barnwell. Already seen Jeremiah Louis to know that he's quality. I am unsure of his fitness at this time since he didn't featured in the latest round of matches.

Yeah, now would be a nice time to let loose Cornwall, just to see what he has to offer; right before the WC and as an alternative to Ashley Nurse.
I agree with all that, but don't you think Shepard is a better bowler than Barnwell?

Still no word and Paul and Powell's replacements.

Any idea who is in the UWI XI for England's warm up ODI? After the farcical 4 day warm up that really cheesed off the board and local players who were treated like practice partners, I'd be surprised if it's not a very weak team.

Daemon

I agree with all that, but don't you think Shepard is a better bowler than Barnwell?

Still no word and Paul and Powell's replacements.

Any idea who is in the UWI XI for England's warm up ODI? After the farcical 4 day warm up that really cheesed off the board and local players who were treated like practice partners, I'd be surprised if it's not a very weak team.
The board and local players were cheesed off that they lost 19 wickets in a day in the same innings?

Beamer

The board and local players were cheesed off that they lost 19 wickets in a day in the same innings?
No, the board pulled out some of the best players we have from our 4 day tournament as the ECB wanted good practice. They paid lots of money to do this. The ECB then insisted on 2 day matches with 1 innings each, thus relegating the opposition to practical net practice status. This irritated both our players and the board, quite understandably. Johnny Graves pointed this out when the English media were blaming a lack of practice for the first test defeat.