• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of New Zealand 2019

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I wonder if Tickner will do anything about that run up. It’s kinda ridiculous but he just about gets enough momentum up from the 6 paces he actually runs. Nice high action too.
Yeah my thoughts too. I really like him as a bowler, hits the deck so hard, can't help but think a decent run up and those chicken drumstick arms out the side could earn him some more pace.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Yeah my thoughts too. I really like him as a bowler, hits the deck so hard, can't help but think a decent run up and those chicken drumstick arms out the side could earn him some more pace.
I reckon if the conditions demand for it, he can ramp up that pace. He did seem to be holding some back today. Although yes, I feel if he can get those jumbo jet wings to come in and move up and down instead of sideways, it could result in better rhythm and pace. But if he did get them in closer to his body, it could be hard for him to get his bowling arm up and behind head like he does now, which I feel is a big reason as to why he gets the bounce, that high release point accentuating his height even more.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'm looking forward to the stuff article that will inevitably come out today about it.
It's been in the news pretty much all week anyway. Probably explains why Kugz was able to crack 145+ for a handful of deliveries.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
mechanically he's far from optimal. Runs in at a fairly sharp angle, falls away to off and a lot of excessive pre delivery arm movement. Not sure if nz has anyone with the expertise to help him work on that stuff though.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
It's been in the news pretty much all week anyway. Probably explains why Kugz was able to crack 145+ for a handful of deliveries.
Also why at the presentations on field he was holding (what I presume to be) his kid? Or maybe I'm just super cynical.

Flem274*

123/5
Look I vomit in my mouth every time I remember him fluking his way out of jail but God forbid a father holds his kid in public

Athlai

Not Terrible
From reading the case and the court decision, it doesn't seem like he did anything criminally wrong at all. Morally though?

Yeah...

NZTailender

Yeah I'm cynical then. He stood out from the crowd - all the team members and then him right in the middle of the shot facing the camera holding his kid. Not a problem with it, but such is modern media and it's conditioning that I instantly thought 'PR'

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Didn’t mean to start it all up again sorry. I just switched off the tv after that post. Was amazed to see later that Southee bowled a restrictive final over, maybe I’ve been jinxing him all this time.

But on Kuggs I really think NZ Cricket have hung him out to dry at this stage, with their cone of silence. It’s also not nice to see him being public enemy number one for the entire country. They haven’t given him a chance to make amends or redeem himself in the public eye.

I obviously don’t like the guy, but NZC could have written the bible on how not to handle it.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Didn’t mean to start it all up again sorry. I just switched off the tv after that post. Was amazed to see later that Southee bowled a restrictive final over, maybe I’ve been jinxing him all this time.

But on Kuggs I really think NZ Cricket have hung him out to dry at this stage, with their cone of silence. It’s also not nice to see him being public enemy number one for the entire country. They haven’t given him a chance to make amends or redeem himself in the public eye.

I obviously don’t like the guy, but NZC could have written the bible on how not to handle it.
Yep, the approach they've gone for (waiting a couple of years and hoping that everyone just forgets about it) might've worked a decade or so ago, but in the current political climate you'd have to be supremely naïve to think that there wouldn't be a massive blowback as a result of his selection. The fact that the NZC did nothing in anticipation of this would be hilarious if it wasn't so embarrassing and sad.

NZTailender

Essentially the last we heard from him on the subject was "yeah I know I did wrong I'm sorry" to the girl which would give room for a societal discussion about consent and how we view ***, but instead they're just trying to pretend it never happened while some hold signs at venues and others stick their fingers in their ears and chant the manta "found not guilty"

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm pretty certain NZC are doing something, and thats slowly putting him in the Black Caps set up, little by little. Waiting for the outrage to die.