• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Indian team do you think will win in a 5 test series ?

Which team do you think will win ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spark

Global Moderator
Better get used to it. Indian internet penetration is still only 20% and English language proficiency is not widespread. Over the next 20-30 years as both hit 100% the internet is going to be overrun by Indians. You didn't see it with the Chinese because of the great firewall and the fact that they speak no English but we are coming.

Pax Indica!!!
I don't understand how people post stuff like this on a cricket forum without shrivelling up from embarrassment

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
More interested in the fact I can send my digital dictation to someone in India who’ll transcribe a decision for me overnight.

Kirkut

International Regular
And before anyone of you accuse me of trolling , name me an English batsman who are better player of spin bowling than these players .
There are no English batsmen better at spin than any of Indian greats but I know Graeme Hick scoring 300 odd runs at an average of 50 in that 1993 tour of India. I don't see Cook and KP surviving that attack in those conditions let alone averaging 50.

Kirkut

International Regular
I think Tec's post has a fundamental problem with it in assuming these new Indian fan posters are in anyway worse than the long term Indian fan posters, whose dross we've had to put up with for years.
Are you this hurt by the series loss?

Burgey

Are you this hurt by the series loss?
No, I would need to have been more surprised by it for it to hurt. Certainly disappointed, as losing at home to a SC team is as low as you can get, but not hurt. I enjoyed Pujara and Bumrah too much for there to be hurt.

Burgey

By England's historical standards all of Sehwag, Pujara, Siddhu, Azharuddin would be ATG. Such a shame these players never had the luxury to play in only 2 or 3 countries .
Not really, given their records in, you know, England.

Kirkut

International Regular
No, I would need to have been more surprised by it for it to hurt. Certainly disappointed, as losing at home to a SC team is as low as you can get, but not hurt. I enjoyed Pujara and Bumrah too much for there to be hurt.
I felt exactly the same as you are feeling right now when we lost to England and Australia at home. Nothing in cricket beats watching a non Asian batsman looking confused in the middle of a hot day on a crumbling subcontinent pitch and surrounded by fielders for bat pad catch.

Last edited:

Burgey

Yeah I can understand that, but there’s no physical threat to you in that context. Sure it’s difficult but there’s no risk you’ll end up in pain (other than on the brasco). Takes away a lot of swagger.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nothing in cricket beats watching a non Asian batsman looking confused in the middle of a hot day on a crumbling subcontinent pitch and surrounded by fielders for bat pad catch.
You clearly didn't see the summer of Mitchell Johnson.

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah I can understand that, but there’s no physical threat to you in that context. Sure it’s difficult but there’s no risk you’ll end up in pain (other than on the brasco). Takes away a lot of swagger.
Why are you so scared of pain. Like, I get that being hit and getting broken bones hurt, and it takes courage to face that, but is the physical pain of an injury really so much worse than the emotional pain of being made to look helpless at the one thing you've spent your whole life training to do by a guy who looks like he just got off his desk at an accounting firm? And in front of millions of people at that, with essentially your career and your income on the line?

Atleast with a Mitchell Johnson everyone sympathises with your struggles because it looks so dangerous. And if you get hit, you can then stop batting, go off injured, and tend to your wounds while everyone calls you a hero for being willing to cop a blow. What is your way out when a spinner has your number? How do you salvage your ego then? And these are elite athletes we're talking about- their pride and ego is a big part of what makes them who they are.

To me they both are fascinating battles in very different ways. The lack of a physical threat doesn't make one inferior to the other IMO. If anything it just adds an extra layer of humiliation to a batsman's struggles - they can't just prove their bravery and walk off with some credit to mask their lack of skill.

OverratedSanity

Watching big strong burly batsmen look completely helpless against portly bankers who lob the ball at them at 70 kph is one of the great things in cricket.