• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Indian team do you think will win in a 5 test series ?

Which team do you think will win ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I dunno. He wouldn’t have done any better than the blokes you used, Nostrils aside. Can’t really fault Sharma with the new ball, barely went for a run. Bumrah is a lock atm and Shami, though I thought he was a bit meh in the first two games, really stepped it up come Melbourne and Sydney. Hard to say how he would have improved the attack unless he replaced Ashwin in the first test, which in hindsight might have worked because he was trash, as he usually is.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea I don't think he'd have improved the attack. Bumrah Ishant and Shami were excellent. But he should have played at Perth instead of Umesh.

Burgey

Yeah can see that for sure. Would have been handy into the breeze there (assuming there was any, I can’t ****ing remember. Seems like it was years ago already).

vcs

Part of it has to do with the pitches being much more pace friendly than on previous tours but still highly impressive. Don't think India have ever come close to taking 20 wickets this consistently before.
And batting last most of the time, which means we weren't defending a gimme target (say <100) at any point.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
I blame Australia's abject team for allowing all these new Indian posters to really feel their oats. One series victory over a side without Smith and Warner, and bowlers too scared to get any reverse swing (:whistling), and they're strutting around as if this is Indian Cricket Fan's Forums. Not that the Australian posters here have done any better. Sputtering, readily taking the bait, getting mired in statistical debates and utterly failing to put them in their place, it's been a poor show all round.

Just a pity that none of the new Indian posters will stick around to face the music during the inevitable comedown.:down:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I feel like I have to apologise for my misleading stat about Lillee and Alderman when I was clearly looking for a pace trio.

With that in mind I'll add Greg Chappell to the trio (heck by historical Indian standards he'd be pushing for an all time team as a front line seamer) so that I have a trio.

Burgey

I think Tec's post has a fundamental problem with it in assuming these new Indian fan posters are in anyway worse than the long term Indian fan posters, whose dross we've had to put up with for years.

ishqiya

School Boy/Girl Captain
I blame Australia's abject team for allowing all these new Indian posters to really feel their oats. One series victory over a side without Smith and Warner, and bowlers too scared to get any reverse swing (:whistling), and they're strutting around as if this is Indian Cricket Fan's Forums. Not that the Australian posters here have done any better. Sputtering, readily taking the bait, getting mired in statistical debates and utterly failing to put them in their place, it's been a poor show all round.

Just a pity that none of the new Indian posters will stick around to face the music during the inevitable comedown.:down:
There is no comedown. It will only go up from here as the economy goes up, up ,up. And besides how is there going to be a comedown. We just did the toughest leg for an Indian team and managed to win a series and matches in the other two series. There is nothing tougher than this for an Indian team. Compare with how SA went in their last Asian outings. Now it's just 2 years of bashing teams at home and in WI/SL.

And besides we are waiting for you in October. Let's see whether you even manage to win a match.

Last edited:

ishqiya

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think Tec's post has a fundamental problem with it in assuming these new Indian fan posters are in anyway worse than the long term Indian fan posters, whose dross we've had to put up with for years.
Better get used to it. Indian internet penetration is still only 20% and English language proficiency is not widespread. Over the next 20-30 years as both hit 100% the internet is going to be overrun by Indians. You didn't see it with the Chinese because of the great firewall and the fact that they speak no English but we are coming.

Pax Indica!!!

Burgey

I'm hoping that as more Indians get access to the internet that the non-****ish ones will drive the rest of you away.

Chrish

International Debutant
Wondering if you are Smith, how would you feel right now? Reckon he would be quite content and actually happy with the way things have gone with his team.

sunilz

International Regular

Who will bring the inevitable comedown ? SA . The only thing you will do is ruin the tour thread. Why don't you have a look at SA tour to India thread 2015/16 . Only thing I read in that thread is more whinning about pitches.

sunilz

International Regular
I feel like I have to apologise for my misleading stat about Lillee and Alderman when I was clearly looking for a pace trio.

With that in mind I'll add Greg Chappell to the trio (heck by historical Indian standards he'd be pushing for an all time team as a front line seamer) so that I have a trio.
By England's historical standards all of Sehwag, Pujara, Siddhu, Azharuddin would be ATG. Such a shame these players never had the luxury to play in only 2 or 3 countries .

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain

Chappell was certainly good enough to open the Indian bowling in his playing days when we had the likes of Solkar, Abid Ali and Gavaskar opening the bowling. Ghavri was a lot better though.

However, to say that he would be pushing for a slot in an all time indian team is a bit of a stretch. We had moved along in the early 80s.

sunilz

International Regular
By England's historical standards all of Sehwag, Pujara, Siddhu, Azharuddin would be ATG. Such a shame these players never had the luxury to play in only 2 or 3 countries .
And before anyone of you accuse me of trolling , name me an English batsman who are better player of spin bowling than these players .