• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of Australia 2019

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Sri Lanka tour of Australia, 2019
2 Tests . Jan 24-Feb 05

Jan 24- 28,Australia vs Sri Lanka, 1st Test
The Gabba, Brisbane

Feb 01- 05,Australia vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test
Manuka Oval, Canberra

Jezroy

State Captain
Sadly Australia are at a very low ebb, and so are Sri Lanka. Add Vaas/Murali/Sanga/Mahela to this team and you think they’d take a test off them... But Sri Lanka are going to have to play much much better than they did in NZ to achieve that.

EDIT: Sadly, as I’d love to see Sri Lanka take a test off them, but I just don’t think they’re anywhere near good enough at the moment. Would love NZ to be touring Australia at the moment. Adding Warner and Smith next year will make it much tougher for them.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Canberra get a Test this year but Tassie don't? Are we finally accepting that they're not really part of Australia?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It would be unfair to make Sri Lanka play in Tasmania. I think they want the game to last more than two days.

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Sadly Australia are at a very low ebb, and so are Sri Lanka. Add Vaas/Murali/Sanga/Mahela to this team and you think they’d take a test off them... But Sri Lanka are going to have to play much much better than they did in NZ to achieve that.

EDIT: Sadly, as I’d love to see Sri Lanka take a test off them, but I just don’t think they’re anywhere near good enough at the moment. Would love NZ to be touring Australia at the moment. Adding Warner and Smith next year will make it much tougher for them.
God doing that {unfair} to australia because CA should not dropped Smith /warner for ball tempering punishment for 365 days.

every other doing that in international its not big crime

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
God doing that {unfair} to australia because CA should not dropped Smith /warner for ball tempering punishment for 365 days.

every other doing that in international its not big crime
southafrica have better system {new} so 3some get Caught,

its happen elsewhere.

TheJediBrah

Yeah give Cummins a rest before the series, then have him leading a new quick attack. Haze and Starc need some more time off.

Starfighter

To be precise I'd like to see Patto and someone else, maybe give Richardson a go because potential or one of the good domestic performers like Tremain.

TheJediBrah

I wouldn't mind Richardsom, Patto, Cummo at all.

It's the batting that I really want to see some proper changes though. Obviously still this current Test to go but unless they make bulk runs the Marshes have to go. (Feel like everyone says this every series though and they keep getting picked)

Burns
Harris
Khawaja
Handscomb
Maxwell
Stoinis
Paine

really wouldn't mind this top 7. Handscomb and Stoinis probably controversial picks, and I know Maxwell has no chance of course.

Starfighter

I'd take Head or even Finch over Handscomb. But Burns has to come in as the other opener. I suppose Stoinis can fulfil the dross role, couldn't be worse than MMarsh looks clueless and I want the Marsh Brothers experiment in tests to end.

TheJediBrah

I like Handscomb because I feel he has a higher ceiling. He reminds me a bit of Steve Smith circa 2011, like things could just click for him and he'll become a beast. Don't really see that with Head or Finch.

plus Handscomb is a good player of spin, which we desperately need. Interesting to see he was selected in the ODI squad ahead of the likes of Wade, Short & Head.

Starfighter

I think Handscomb will be a Gary Ballance without the latter's domestic runs. Renshaw can play spin to a higher standard than most in Australia, frankly I'd rather see him.

TheJediBrah

Handscomb's averaging 40 in 15 Tests with 2 tons. Give him a regular run with some security and he'll improve on that IMO. I'd like to see some similar faith shown in Renshaw too, but it's hard to that and still claim to be rewarding performance because Renshaw really has done **** all to deserve selection since he was dropped.

Starfighter

Handscomb's averaging 40 in 15 Tests with 2 tons. Give him a regular run with some security and he'll improve on that IMO.
Ballance was averaging 47.76 with four centuries after fifteen tests. Both have clear technical flaws that they can't or refuse to correct.

I'd like to see some similar faith shown in Renshaw too, but it's hard to that and still claim to be rewarding performance because Renshaw really has done **** all to deserve selection since he was dropped.
Renshaw should never have been pushed out the way he was in the UAE imo.

TheJediBrah

Ballance was averaging 47.76 with four centuries after fifteen tests. Both have clear technical flaws that they can't or refuse to correct.
People were saying the same about Smith with his current technique. Also didn't Ballance play against some really weak teams? Handscomb's played some very strong attacks.

And clearly you disagree, but I think the "Handscomb technique = bad" meme is largely rubbish

Renshaw should never have been pushed out the way he was in the UAE imo.
I agree 100%. But since then he's been very poor when selection was up for grabs.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Handscomb's averaging 40 in 15 Tests with 2 tons. Give him a regular run with some security and he'll improve on that IMO. I'd like to see some similar faith shown in Renshaw too, but it's hard to that and still claim to be rewarding performance because Renshaw really has done **** all to deserve selection since he was dropped.
His technique belongs in a garbage bin