• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of Australia 2019

aussie tragic

International Captain
There's a CA XI vs Sri Lanka 3 day game under lights starting 17 Jan. Have they named the side yet?

I'd like them to go back to the good old days of picking your potential/fringe players here instead of in Tests like they do now. Would also give some FC practice under lights for our BBL players (noting the Aus XI will have no pink ball practice)

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My worry is that if they rest one of Starc or Hazelwood they'll pick Siddle. We don't need these retrograde selections. However I don't think they'll rest either of them for some reason, even though I think they both should be. Our world cup campaign is stuffed enough, we don't need to break two of our best bowlers against this SL lineup too.
Siddle to take 10-for against a noob Sri Lanka who have never played in Aus, thus ensuring his spot in the Test team for the Ashes (where he'll average 169 with the ball)

howardj

International Coach
There's a CA XI vs Sri Lanka 3 day game under lights starting 17 Jan. Have they named the side yet?

I'd like them to go back to the good old days of picking your potential/fringe players here instead of in Tests like they do now. Would also give some FC practice under lights for our BBL players (noting the Aus XI will have no pink ball practice)
They're naming that side today at the same time as the Test team for the Gabba

According to The Age, Boland will be picked in the CA XI team

howardj

International Coach
The Age is also now reporting that :

"Victorian talent Will Pucovski is set to gain a shock elevation to Australia's Test squad for the two-match series against Sri Lanka in a shake-up that is expected to include the axing of brothers Shaun and Mitchell Marsh as well as Aaron Finch"

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He was still in the squad TBF. Just not in the team. Ditto Mitch Marsh
Yeah from a squad perspective I think we'll be seeing Pucovski, Burns and Stoinis in for Darsh, Hanscomb and Marsh. From that only two will actually play unless Labuschagne finds himself outside the eleven despite not being dropped from the squad. Pucovski as a non-playing squad member seems a lot less crazy than selecting him properly, so maybe that's what's going on.

Renshaw presumably will only be in the CAXI squad.

morgieb

CAXI team:

Happy we're picking a proper A-team this time or thereabouts. Wonder where the Stoinis rumours came from.

TheJediBrah

We should do what Sri Lanka do to us and give them the tour game on a worn out dustbowl to prepare them for the Gabba

Spark

Global Moderator
Kurtis Patterson must have been close to getting picked for the Test squad. Bloke can consider himself deeply unlucky the last few years

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Kurtis Patterson must have been close to getting picked for the Test squad. Bloke can consider himself deeply unlucky the last few years
A test spot was waiting for him but he just can’t convert can he

morgieb

Sangha should be nowhere near it.
It's not that atypical for an A-team selection. His record is still pretty spotty but he does have potential. It's not like they're picking him in the Test side.

Burgey

Every other batsman in that side is in or about the test squad. They're going to take him to England, you just know it. It's a ****ing woeful selection.