• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft Game - Fantasy Cricket 2018

anil1405

International Captain
We can see the updated scores on the sheet now Teuton. Buy yeah there were instances in the past where you used to say scores have been updated but we couldn't see that in the sheet.

Count me in for next year's draft.

anil1405

International Captain
Dropping Perera for Shamsi/Sodhi was a big mistake. Went purely with the quantity of matches in mind.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hey Teuton, would you ever consider doing a continuous comp?

It would mean youd get to keep your players from 1 year to the next. The issue would be getting a commitment from people.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain

It would mean youd get to keep your players from 1 year to the next. The issue would be getting a commitment from people.
sure provided that I get to persist with my squad of 2018

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Couple of queries

Do players get points for run-outs?
Maybe deduct points from bowlers due to them conceding a certain number of runs? A bowler who bowls 10-0-100-1 gets the same points as one who bowls 10-5-20-1

Certainly not impinged my enjoyment of the game, but just wondering what others would think about the above?

Teuton

International Captain

I like the idea but as well as the commitment issue, it also means less drafting which I think is the most fun part of the comp. So I don't think I would run it but if someone else did something along those lines I would participate.

Teuton

International Captain
Couple of queries

Do players get points for run-outs?
Maybe deduct points from bowlers due to them conceding a certain number of runs? A bowler who bowls 10-0-100-1 gets the same points as one who bowls 10-5-20-1

Certainly not impinged my enjoyment of the game, but just wondering what others would think about the above?
There are no points for run outs since they aren't compiled in the statsguru query i use to calculate the scores.

Deducting points would require a rethink of the whole scoring system to keep the balance between batsmen and bowlers even. And the query i rely on just counts the runs, wkts, catches across the whole quarter with no interrogation of individual games.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Also it might be hard to work out the criteria given that this is across 3 formats.

Id like to see negative points awarded for ducks (especially for OP, MOB and maybe AR).