• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably just enough grass to keep the pitch from breaking up on days 4 and 5 so it stays slow and roady the whole Test lol

no point trying to force a result here for either side IMO, you're just likely to screw yourselves over. India did the smart thing by not trying to push too hard on day 1. If they had tried to get ~300 in the day they'd probably just have lost a lot more wickets.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn't watch a heap yesterday, but it hasn't been boring at all today for mine. No wickets but good bowling with a fair few half chances. Not a ton of strokes but two dudes digging in in a challenging session. Can't ask for much more for mine.

If nothing else watching Paines face when one flies off in some crazy direction is worth it.

Last edited:

Burgey

Day two of a decisive test in a 1-1 series involving the most populous cricket country on earth and we’re going at a post every 30 minutes. **** you, Melbourne.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Not sure what India's tactics here are. Even if they beat two days for 450-500 as Pakistan showed here a couple of years ago it's no guarantee of safety.

morgieb

Not sure what India's tactics here are. Even if they beat two days for 450-500 as Pakistan showed here a couple of years ago it's no guarantee of safety.
I think the bowling has been pretty good and the pitch isn't quick either, could be a case of wanting to get a move on but they're struggling to.

In any case there's little evidence for any of the Aussies bar Khawaja knowing how to go big even on a road, so plenty of room for a collapse.

Burgey

He’s bowled pretty well tbf.

I like how he’s incorporated the throwing the hands up to his head in the follow through every ball as apart of his action. About the only entertainment on offer tbh.

the big bambino

International Captain
I just missed Lillee making comments about a pitch lifting on a length and calling it dangerous. Was he talking about the Perth pitch for the recently completed 2nd test and if not, which pitch.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
And yeah, hard to imagine a result from this one. If I were India, would just keep batting. Back themselves to win in Sydney with Ashwin back and, ideally, the Aussie quicks entirely crocked.

MMarsh selection vindicating itself here imo. Would be brutal if there wasn't a fifth option.