• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advice Needed, where to begin knowing about cricket again

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
If you were once interested in cricket, cricketweb and all this stuff, but then you forgot it, and didn't play cricket for a long time, then what is the best way of getting used to cricket again?

I want to get in touch with this game once again.

andmark

International Captain
Following this forum is a good start and might help you to re-remember stuff you'd forgotten about whilst giving you knowledge you never had. Simply watching cricket would also help given the match you'd be watching but also commentators talking about the players. I'm trying to think of the biggest events in recent years so as you could form a mental timeline. Maybe the Australian ball tampering saga, the rise England in limited overs cricket, test status being given to Ireland and Afghanistan and the general rise of Afghanistan (think their Asia Cup performances, performances at international tournaments, leg spinner Rashid Khan being so good).

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I too fell out with cricket briefly. What got me back into it was reading on Cricinfo, stalking the ATG thread and getting familiar with the cricketers who came to the fore whilst I wasn't paying attention eg the **** leg spinner who bowled a long hop and 2 full tosses each over suddenly transforming into Bradman lite.

andmark

International Captain
I too fell out with cricket briefly. What got me back into it was reading on Cricinfo, stalking the ATG thread and getting familiar with the cricketers who came to the fore whilst I wasn't paying attention eg the **** leg spinner who bowled a long hop and 2 full tosses each over suddenly transforming into Bradman lite.
Is it true that you read the whole ATG thread?

trundler

Is it true that you read the whole ATG thread?
From start to end. All of it. I had a whole month off from school before my finals. Filled me in on a lot of stuff. :laugh: It was actually very insightful and the drama kept me hooked.

Burgey

“I too fell out with cricket”, says the world-weary and life-fatigued 16 year old, as he pens volume three of his autobiography.

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
Maybe write some poetry about it.
I was willing to write it, but as it was interesting to everyone in the beginning, but later the repititon in my poems made them boring for most of the users. I fear if they will dislike them again.

Following this forum is a good start and might help you to re-remember stuff you'd forgotten about whilst giving you knowledge you never had. Simply watching cricket would also help given the match you'd be watching but also commentators talking about the players. I'm trying to think of the biggest events in recent years so as you could form a mental timeline. Maybe the Australian ball tampering saga, the rise England in limited overs cricket, test status being given to Ireland and Afghanistan and the general rise of Afghanistan (think their Asia Cup performances, performances at international tournaments, leg spinner Rashid Khan being so good).
All this is new to me, thankyou for sharing.

Do I pee on him to assert dominance or what
What?

From start to end. All of it. I had a whole month off from school before my finals. Filled me in on a lot of stuff. :laugh: It was actually very insightful and the drama kept me hooked.
Nice. feels like ***** gave me a good advice.