• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v New Zealand in the UAE 2018

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
fmd I didn't want to post on here because I honestly thought I'd jinx it. **** me what a win. Had given up like most but we somehow got back in it. Commiserations to Pakistan, bowlers did an incredible job the whole match only to be let down by some brain fades and some excellent bowling by Patel. This ranks up here as one of my all time favourite wins. Hands are shaking tbh.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The Asian fortress is being broken down it seems. Zim taking a test off BD in BD, Eng beating SL in SL, now NZ beating Pak in UAE.

Pak could still win this series ofc, but it would be amazing if NZ pulled it off, or atleast leveled it.

Time for the Asian teams to raise their game when touring overseas
NZ tied their last series in the UAE.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
To think that we all thought the match was 99% gone when we were bowled out on day 1 for 153.

Some good individual performances to just stay in touch with the match over the next couple of days. Some great bowling and then Pakistan ****ed up too.
Possibly the test match equivalent of that 2011 QF against South Africa? Somehow stay in the game, give the opponents a chance to choke and then go for the kill.

NZTailender

That delivery from Ajaz was a cracker. When they did the replay I honestly doubted whether or not it had actually pitched in line as it looked like it might've landed outside leg :laugh:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If NZ wins this I won't whack off for a whole week in celebration.
Never been happier to begin a drought.

Daily reminder Athlai would have been the ruin of this test for NZ if it wasn't for those brave men.

NZTailender

So glad we didn't go with Southee. Would he have gotten the wickets Wagner nabbed us? Doubt it.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Possibly the test match equivalent of that 2011 QF against South Africa? Somehow stay in the game, give the opponents a chance to choke and then go for the kill.
It was the semifinal you filthy casual.

However, it was an odi so does that make me the casual?

Edit: oh **** 2011 not 2015. Double fail.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
The Asian fortress is being broken down it seems. Zim taking a test off BD in BD, Eng beating SL in SL, now NZ beating Pak in UAE.

Pak could still win this series ofc, but it would be amazing if NZ pulled it off, or atleast leveled it.

Time for the Asian teams to raise their game when touring overseas
can't believe you went this whole post without a dig at Australia, for shame

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
When was the last time a Kiwi spinner bowled us to a win in the 4th innings? Has it ever happened?
I'm gonna ignore Mark Craig and hark back to that time Paul Wiseman randomly took a whole lot of wickets, though I don't think we won that match in the end.

Mathew Hart?