• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2018/19

the big bambino

International Captain
So what do we ,make of Harris then? Overall average 35 but as Nufan's stats show he's been on a higher plateau for the last 2 seasons. 210* is great but against an attack a man down by the looks of the card. I'm just glad seeing some runs scored - even by Cooper, and yep its a bit harsh, but I'm not totally sold yet.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm still not sold. The wrongun is clearly excellent (perhaps I had more faith in shield players to pick it - or Joe Burns to not play around it despite picking it) but the four leg break wickets were pretty lucky. Marnus slashed at a ball he really shouldn't have, Doggett/Swepson are tailenders and played rubbish shots to poor deliveries and the Heazlett one was gross.

Sure, no replays in the scorebook but I don't particularly like applauding people on '**** gets wickets' and he's clearly expensive. Will happily eat the onions when he starts actually looking threatening with leg breaks.
Like McGrath with his outswinger.

And having a crack at a bloke for taking tailenders when he took 7 on day 1? Fair go. Swepson, he who possesses the Great Australian Ripping Leg break, has precisely zero wickets and is going at a similar rate of runs.

Last edited:

Spikey

Like McGrath with his outswinger.

And having a crack at a bloke for taking tailenders when he took 7 on day 1? Fair go. Swepson, he who possesses the Great Australian Ripping Leg break, has precisely zero wickets and is going at a similar rate of runs.
Pope didn't have to bowl at Wollongong's finest like Swepson did

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Got mixed feelings on Harris, has definitely improved as a batsman since moving to Victoria but I still think he is a bit patchy technically. His recent shield record is impressive but I am still not convinced he will be able to negotiate the new ball against international bowlers.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Like most batsmen in the shield at the moment he's good for a couple of hundreds a season. But in between times is lean.

Honestly why the Victorian batsmen are not all averaging 60 is beyond me. They get to play on the most placid deck of all.

TheJediBrah

Like most batsmen in the shield at the moment he's good for a couple of hundreds a season. But in between times is lean.

Honestly why the Victorian batsmen are not all averaging 60 is beyond me. They get to play on the most placid deck of all.
8-)

Yeah and why don't all the Victorian bowlers average over 50 since they play on the most placid deck of all? How did Tremain & Boland finish 1 and 3 on the wicket taking lists last year?

Real mystery

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
8-)

Yeah and why don't all the Victorian bowlers average over 50 since they play on the most placid deck of all? How did Tremain & Boland finish 1 and 3 on the wicket taking lists last year?

Real mystery
I rate the Victorian bowling attack in large part because they play on the MCG so often. It's a shocking road these days.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

I looked up the past 2 years and the Vics played 4 matches per year at the G so theyd have to make a lot of runs there to get that average up to 60 for the season.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Jake Lehmann is really close to the Test team now IMO.

Selectors are going to love him being able to make 100 plus bat out a draw. Plus the lineage.

aussie tragic

International Captain
So Victoria, 2 games, 2 batsmen scoring big double hundreds. Who's their batting coach, can we get him the gig with Australia?

Burgey

That’s one word for him, yeah. His young bloke is playing as well which is a treat for a dad.

We’re 5/110 or so after 33. Got a bit of work to do. Burgeinho not out not many.

Ones rolled Blacktown for 126. Parra 0/36 in reply. Ben Abbott going at a SR of 160 odd. Always good to watch.