• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2018/19

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Marcus Harris to leap-frog Renshaw into the Test side and stephen to throw a hissy fit.

Renshaw manages to dominate when it doesn't matter and the minute Test selection is on the table goes missing (1 innings so far but consider this a prediction)
Except Renshaw has actually proven himself at test level.

Agree with Cribbeh here tbh. Renshaw not playing with the Big Two and the Big Choad all out makes no sense at all.

Burgey

Fallins getting ****ing pumped here. Going at nearly four an over when everyone else has been pretty tight. Copes still asking questions of every Shield side at 125kph.

TheJediBrah

So apparently pucovksi is taking a break from cricket due serious mental heath issues. Maybe you guys were a bit harsh in retrospect

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So apparently pucovksi is taking a break from cricket due serious mental heath issues. Maybe you guys were a bit harsh in retrospect
I did say initially there was more to the story than just being fatigued from a long innings no doubt.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
People say Pope lacks accuracy, and that is true to a certain extent, you do get the odd loose ball from him. But compared to Swepson and especially Fallins, his lines and lengths have generally been on the money

Last edited:

Starfighter

I did say initially there was more to the story than just being fatigued from a long innings no doubt.
That's the thing. Why say one thing that's clearly not the whole story or even the truth then go back and say 'actually...' two days later?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Marcus Harris to leap-frog Renshaw into the Test side and stephen to throw a hissy fit.

Renshaw manages to dominate when it doesn't matter and the minute Test selection is on the table goes missing (1 innings so far but consider this a prediction)
Its an interesting one as a couple weeks I worked that Harris was only 1 of 3 players to score more than 600 and average 40 in each of the past 2 shield seasons. Head was one and i think Burns.

I know 40 isnt a huge bar but its decent and he has also looked capable in both the Bash and One Dayers. I like him. Hits a bit too many balls at catchable height, but not the worst option at all.

Gnske

That's the thing. Why say one thing that's clearly not the whole story or even the truth then go back and say 'actually...' two days later?
Happens all the time in the NRL for various 'strategic' reasons. Saying 'personal reasons' and letting it be seemed a better route.

Anyway, best to him.

stephen

Yeah there are plenty of worse options than MS Harris.

I still think Renshaw should be picked.

Maxwell had better get into some Limited Overs form if he wants to be picked.

Shaun Marsh made 80, which should be enough to secure his spot all summer.

SeamUp

International Coach
Suppose mental illness is one of those things you want to keep on the low. For yourself personally and maybe even your current and future competitors.

Really sad. Hopefully can get through it. When young guys double up early doors it is really encouraging for their ability to spend time at the crease moving forward.

Last edited:

stephen

Probably. It's well known that concussions are correlated with mental health issues.

But I wish they didn't feel the need to lie about the problem. Saying that he's too tired to play just sounds terrible.

Starfighter

Suppose mental illness is one of those things you want to keep on the low. For yourself personally and maybe even your current and future competitors.
But they have gone and told the actual reason only two days later. Vimes might have it I think. And I agree with stephen, the reason given sounded terrible and lying is a poor look. Something like 'personal reasons' is much better through its ambiguity.

the big bambino

International Captain
Why does the story come out now? Is it because the initial excuse was so risible it invited justifiable criticism? No one is going to be unsympathetic if he just mentioned the truth. There isn’t the stigma there once was. However if Pucovski wanted to keep the matter private then the catch all of withdrawing due to medical advice should have been used. Trouble is this won’t fool people for long and it is a game in the public eye and he just hit a double ton right when we’re looking for batsmen. In those circumstances it was naive to think he could keep it private and now we know. Good luck to him.

Spikey

on one hand, harris is a western australian. on the other, langer chucked a hissy fit when harris quit playing for WA

mr_mister

He was meant to be the chosen one!

But seriously that sucks for him, might have been in line for a baggy soon