• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moeen Ali racially abused

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Thank goodness theres no racism in New Zealand.

Spare us his ****. The only poster who surpasses SKennedy for saying sfa then hooking in at every opportunity on an anti-Australian crusade is this ****wit.

What a **** of a post this is. Steve is always balanced because he has a chip on both shoulders, but this is ****ing woeful even by his abject standards.
That's a bit all or nothing old friend. Never said there's no racism in my country. I'm saying yours is much worse. A country who happily pretends their indigenous culture doesn't exist. If there's a racist incident to be had in international cricket, seems recently Australia are front and square.

Self awareness not a strong suit, either.

And it's **** all to do with having a chip on my shoulder. Australian cricketers are capable more than any other country of behaving like utter ****s. At all levels. That's a learned observation, I carry no bias or scars about it. I remain a fan of some guys who play for Australia but hate a lot of what goes on and culminated in the sand paper scenario

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's a bit all or nothing old friend. Never said there's no racism in my country. I'm saying yours is much worse. A country who happily pretends their indigenous culture doesn't exist. If there's a racist incident to be had in international cricket, seems recently Australia are front and square.

And it's **** all to do with having a chip on my shoulder. Australian cricketers are capable more than any other country of behaving like utter ****s. At all levels. That's a learned observation, I carry no bias or scars about it. I remain a fan of some guys who play for Australia but hate a lot of what goes on and culminated in the sand paper scenario
This is just plainly not true ffs. Pull your head out of your arse.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member

How dare you turn this thread into a house of lies

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
A country who happily pretends their indigenous culture doesn't exist.
Woeful.

We're no different to any other country that was colonised by a more powerful nation who displaced the original inhabitants.

Everyone decent is trying to work out the best way forward. Then you get the extreme left and the extreme right, completely dominating the discourse and ****ing up the opportunity to do anything substantial for anyone.

If NZ have moved ahead in this regard, I applaud you. But plenty of people in Australia are working to make things right/better/whatever for indigenous ppl here. Without being accused of virtue signalling, I've participated in this task a significant amount.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

The irony is strong with this one.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can a mod please paste this entire thread onto the end of the Chris Gayle thread?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
The irony is strong with this one.
Pray tell where the irony is, unless that's a flippant statement with no basis to it. Which I'm sure it is. I'm very self-aware. I post regularly critical opinions of Australian cricket, because I believe it's warranted. If it seems like more than I post about other countries, it's because a) I lived there for 3 years and therefore am well aware of how things work at all levels b) they play their games in my time zones c) I take more of an interest being our close neighbours and one with a traditional rivalry, even if it's one we've sorta been trodden on. Not that anyone should give a **** but there's no grudge here, I admire certain Australian cricketers. It's not all bad.

Burgey

Yep, I've always said there's no problem with indigenous issues in Australia. been saying it for years...

****wit.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Keep telling yourself that. I'm sure that sort of attitude is part of the problem. There's no issue unless we say there is.
You're really carrying on.

You said you have a week dedicated to your indigenous culture. So do we. NAIDOC week.

Australia is far from a country who "pretends their indigenous culture doesn't exist". It's an ongoing conversation, and not an easy one.

TheJediBrah

wow what rubbish. I don't exactly go cavorting around regional towns but my experience has shown Australia to be one of the least racist countries there is. We are as multicultural a country as they come and everyone seems to get a long a lot better than USA for example. Going through school Aboriginals and aboriginal history are treated with incredible respect and even reverence.

You seem to be getting all your information from reports of behaviour by a cricket team, or occasional videos on youtube which is next level ignorance

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
The big difference is that there are so many aboriginal languages in Australia, whereas there is only main version of Māori in NZ (although there are different North and South Island dialectal differences plus Moriori).

Without a common language, it is harder to maintain culture. There is a lot of racism in Australia, but also in NZ (particularly towards Asian home owners and drivers).

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't tell if this is legitimate or method acting bait.
Trying to be legitimate but honestly, if all I'm going to get is called a ****wit then why worry about it. I'm not Blocky, I don't come in here to incite anything - I just state what my views are, which if that's not the basis for a forum then I'm apologetically mistaken. I'm more than likely just guilty of making sweeping statements like 'Australia has a problem' when I should say it's more prevalent than it should be, but it's not indicative of the whole country at all.

Burgey

Australia does have massive problems re indiginous affairs. The beef I had with what you posted and kept insisting upon was that the culture is completely ignored here, which it isn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.