• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pedro Collins v Ryan Sidebottom v Wahab Riaz

Who's the better bowler?

• Pedro Collins

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Ryan Sidebottom

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Wahab Riaz

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

cnerd123

likes this
Because those 192 nations are all vegetarians, they don't produce good fast bowlers. Everyone knows that ffs.
Nope. I am not yet convinced what producing good food has to do with cricketing success. Try harder. You're getting close ;)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's simple. As everyone knows India, Pakistan, SL, Bangladesh, NZ, SA, the various nations which make up the WI, Ireland, Afghanistan and England are all vegetarian nations. Not one person in any of them eats meat. And the food they all produce is dreadful. That's why they're all unsuccessful at cricket, and indeed at life.

TheJediBrah

It's simple. As everyone knows India, Pakistan, SL, Bangladesh, NZ, SA, the various nations which make up the WI, Ireland, Afghanistan and England are all vegetarian nations. Not one person in any of them eats meat. And the food they all produce is dreadful. That's why they're all unsuccessful at cricket, and indeed at life.
Zimbabwe tho. They eat meat?

Burgey

It's been so long since I've watched them that I can't remember.

Quite fond of Kudu up around there, unless I'm mistaken.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Oh - another Australian not yet at terms with the retirements of Gilly, Hayden, Warne, McGrath, Langer, Martyn, Hussey and Punter nor the suspension of Smith and Warner.

Remember when Aus went to England won? It was only 17 years ago.

I jest. Obviously Aussie has the best cricketing winning history of any nation. But today ain't history.

So the question is begged, are your current crop eating meat?

Last edited:

Burgey

As always, Australia is ahead of the curve wrt dealing with the scourge of vegetarianism. Peter Siddle became a vegetarian and was promptly dropped because he lost 20kph in pace and became innocuous.

He was auditioning for a role as a local bowler in the IPL so Australia did the right thing and rissoled him.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
As always, Australia is ahead of the curve wrt dealing with the scourge of vegetarianism. Peter Siddle became a vegetarian and was promptly dropped because he lost 20kph in pace and became innocuous.

He was auditioning for a role as a local bowler in the IPL so Australia did the right thing and rissoled him.
Having tasted Aussie meat, I think it is entirely explanatory why Sidds became a vegetarian. If you don't have water, cattle farming is cruel to both the meat and the consumer.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I’m sure you’re a regular taster of meat from everywhere tbh.
Well I remember when I was in Thailand, and a waitress was proud to say that they had Aussie meat on the menu. Oh how we laughed.

Anyway, my GF made this mistake and ordered the Aussie meat (we joked about it). I went with the local meat. Guess which tasted better by unanimous decision. :P

Cattle need water.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Shameful Burgey. It's 2018, be more accepting. There's nothing wrong with tasting another man's nice clean meat.

TheJediBrah

Well I remember when I was in Thailand, and a waitress was proud to say that they had Aussie meat on the menu. Oh how we laughed.

Anyway, my GF made this mistake and ordered the Aussie meat (we joked about it). I went with the local meat. Guess which tasted better by unanimous decision. :P

Cattle need water.
Tbf the waitress probably was the local meat

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Time for the mods to get mad again because a page goes off on a tangent.

Close this immediately.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Tbf the waitress probably was the local meat
Not quite, I went with shellfish and pasta on that occassion. But still I laughed.

In NZ - Aussie beef and lamb is the cheapest of the cheap.

NZ'er save their pennies to buy locally produced for a good reason - it is better as it has water given to it when alive.

Our climate is like comparing Vic to NSW, we actually have rain and unlike Queensland, not just in a flood.

Last edited: