• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Big Bash League 2017/18

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Embarrassing bowling from Archer. Gave it right to him to hit each time. Also why the hell'd Rose bowl? Why's he in the team?

What the **** is Christian doing? He's missed one runout but that was pathetic. Wade was there to gather yet he hesitated massively.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Should have only taken one there, with Peirson to go for four or six off the last.

Doggett will probably prove me wrong with an epic shot now.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, badly managed that there at the end.

I think it should have to be more deliberate movement towards the ball rather than something that could easily have been trying to avoid it, with regards to Ross' dismissal.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I think it should have to be more deliberate movement towards the ball rather than something that could easily have been trying to avoid it, with regards to Ross' dismissal.
Agree totally with this. Such a harsh call.

You could clearly tell how frustrated McCullum was in his post match interview and holding it together. It was good to see that the Big Bash and playing for the Heat means a lot to him.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
A bit pathetic that Bailey didn't withdraw the appeal after it was given for obstructing the field.

Stapel

International Regular
On Ross' wicket:

I don't care too much for what is exactly in the laws, when common sense does it.

Alex Ross never got in the way of any fielder, nor did he bring his body (intentially or not) between the fielder and the stumps. He only got hit, because the throw was off. So, he never did obstruct the field!

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Shouldn't the likelihood of effecting a run-out be factored into the decision? . I mean, the ball was missing the stumps and there is no way Wade would have effected the run out.

Have to say, Wade's a dog for appealing and not having the balls to fess up to it.

Nothing like some trash cricket to end the match.
Big Bush League.

Last edited:

LukePom

Cricket Spectator
Lots of stuff on Twitter about Wade being a sh*t human after giving buttler the send off other day but interviewed him during the game today he seemed ok. Why don't people like him and what's the mongrel bit about?

Burgey

Wade was mic’ed up when it happened and he said he wasn’t appealing for obstruction but was basically just caught up in the moment and appealed for a run out in excitement. He also appealed to square leg, not the bowler’s end umpire.

Not a Wade fan at all but I don’t think he deserves criticism for this. Seemed purely a decision reached between the three umpires. Audio of their discussions would be itstl.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah that really seems like a harsh call, definitely changed his line but I don't think he was ever intending to get in the way. Contrast this to the Ben Stokes dismissal in that ODI after the 2015 Ashes, that was clear and blatant obstruction that time, but this one doesn't look anywhere near as deliberate.

TheJediBrah

It doesn't make any sense why he changed direction. He turned around to look at the fielder then suddenly decided to completely change his direction and run down the pitch. I just don't get it.

Why tf didn't he just keep running straight.

Spark

Global Moderator
I haven't seen the incident in question, but (as usual) I really dislike putting the onus on the opposition captain to withdraw the appeal.

Also, if this stops the epidemic of players running in curved lines or zigzagging when they take a run, it'll be no bad thing.

Last edited: