• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand 2017

Flem274*

123/5
nz again showing their tendency to not slit the throat

good fightback from the windies this. now a real chance of rolling nz for 250

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
^ They are going with 4 seamers and happy with Chase to offer the spin option. I don't mind this for these conditions but would have picked Joseph to replace Holder.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only saw bits here and there, but aside from some trade-mark glorious shots, never thought Williamson looked settled at all.

Also, he gets strangled down leg enough for it not to be considered unlucky anymore. Gets too far across, which massively increases the chances of a fine nick to the keeper.

Credit to the Windies though, they have bowled with discipline in the patches I saw..

Flem274*

123/5
^ They are going with 4 seamers and happy with Chase to offer the spin option. I don't mind this for these conditions but would have picked Joseph instead of Holder.
you should always play a spinner at hamilton

and bishoo has taken a fair few test wickets. i don't know what reifers batting is like but his bowling seems more suited to the middle overs of an odi rather than as #8 batsman, 4th seamer in a test match

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez, Santa's not a Test no. 6's asshole at this stage of his career. He is a better than average number 8 though, probably a slightly poor mans Chris Woakes with willow in hand.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Poor batting effort from the middle order. I stand by my statement of Nicolls not being international standard. Santner shouldn't be batting at 6 either.

Kane's form is troubling, I don't think he's scored 50 or more since the CT in any form of cricket (Tests, ODI's, T20s or domestic cricket).

I don't know what it is with him, but his scoring rate has been restricted during this rut.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
In a 1-off test match you have to win to draw the series the Windies had to bring Joseph in for Holder.

Sure Reifer has done ok but he is just stock and the more you have too look for wickets the more Chase has to bowl.

CdG going down town ! He certainly has been a surprise how well he has done at test level. Doesn't like talking much from his interview last test :D

Flem274*

123/5
since bishop said he's going for runs along the river i might go for my bike ride along there tomorrow to see if i can find him #creepin