• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand 2017

Woodster

International Captain
Saw a couple of hours of this either side of tea, wasn’t impressed with the WI bowling at all, so many loose and full deliveries, the short ball strategy was so erratic and all delivered around 130kph, thought that KW and Patel could basically do as they please for as long as they wanted.

But then came the gifts, KW’s was a poor shot, apart from the fact he was too far across his stumps, why was he still trying to flick it fine with a leg slip in anyway! Patel got a decent one then Taylor went rashly at one of his cuts. Fair play to the Windies for sticking in there and getting into a decent ish position at the end of day one.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Good catch. Been nearly a year since I saw a good 6outhee innings, fingers crossed we get one today.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Jeez, for all the bagging we give White about not scheduling enough tests, it's not hard to see why during a game like this. Sure the Windies aren't the strongest opposition. But you've had the first 2 days of a test played on a weekend in fantastic warm summery conditions, at a nice genuine test match venue, and 3 men and a dog have turned up to watch.

Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
Early days, obv, but Blundy looks completely at home playing test cricket. Both with bat and gloves.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Jeez, for all the bagging we give White about not scheduling enough tests, it's not hard to see why during a game like this. Sure the Windies aren't the strongest opposition. But you've had the first 2 days of a test played on a weekend in fantastic warm summery conditions, at a nice genuine test match venue, and 3 men and a dog have turned up to watch.
It's weird the Hamilton crowd looks so poor; the Wellington one seemed of a decent size and provided quite an atmosphere (from my tv perspective).

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Switch on the tv and there's endless praise for Southee for being on 6 off 13 ... shows how bad he'd got if they're super impressed by that ...

BeeGee

International Captain
That one that got Blundy kept a little low, which is interesting this early in the test match.

Blain

U19 Captain
Commentators are terrible, Rutherford has such a bad classic "Nu Zulund" accent, makes me cringe..

Love Boult, plays BYC style. Anything under 350 is under par here, so good on the Windies for dragging us back here.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Anything under 350 is under par here, so good on the Windies for dragging us back here.
Don’t necessarily agree with that. There’s a bit of swing about and plenty of bounce, think 300 is a pretty decent first innings score actually.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This tail wagging could be the winning of the match. Must be infuriating for WI. They would have been very pleased to knock NZ over for 300 this morning and have a bat.

Flem274*

123/5
Was harsh the first time when CDG was batting (and future non-hack Santner).

... but very applicable right now.
i don't think he's a hack, he's just a dumb batsman. he'll happily play a very orthodox lofted drive straight down the boundary fielders throat.

though his conservative batting yesterday makes me hopeful the elevation to test level will get the best from him.