• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at Adelaide

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't realise that Root's away record is now 3 hundreds and 17 fifties. I think it's got to the point that this is always going to be an issue for him. I just sort of assumed he'd figure it out quickly.

Daemon

"Since Jan 2016, Root has made 17 fifties, the same as Kohli, Smith and Williamson combined.

He has just five hundreds, compared to 21 for Kohli + Smith + Williamson."

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Story of this series is that England's batting just not good enough against this attack in Australian conditions.

Short odds that this will be the second consecutive Ashes series in Australia that England won't score 400 in an innings.

eempyrean

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
This is an incredible fold even by England's standards. They were well in this at the start of play.

England could be down and out 5-0 from here.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Goes to show the night session isn't always the hardest to bat in

I know last night they didn't have a new ball but still

morgieb

Story of this series is that England's batting just not good enough against this attack in Australian conditions.

Short odds that this will be the second consecutive Ashes series in Australia that England won't score 400 in an innings.
They've only reached 400 once in an Ashes innings since 2010/11. Quite remarkable.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
"Since Jan 2016, Root has made 17 fifties, the same as Kohli, Smith and Williamson combined.

He has just five hundreds, compared to 21 for Kohli + Smith + Williamson."
So 5 tons when the average between the other three is 7? Not that far off the pace