• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at Adelaide

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Re: Woakes wicket.

The umpires go on about focusing on making the right decision but what would have happened if this had been given not out on field and Australia had reviewed. Is there conclusive evidence to overturn? Is that snicko enough when theres no hotspot? I'm genuinely interested.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

The umpires go on about focusing on making the right decision but what would have happened if this had been given not out on field and Australia had reviewed. Is there conclusive evidence to overturn? Is that snicko enough when theres no hotspot? I'm genuinely interested.
Depends on the size of the spike, but generally speaking yes a snicko spike without a hot spot is sufficient. Sometimes if it's a tiny little one, and it was given not-out by the on-field ump they'll stick with the original call.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

I seem to remember not out decisions being overturned on similar grounds before. There was one when SL bowled us out for 70 and also one in that ODI series the West Indies sucked in a few years back. If anything I remember them being even less clear.

stephen

Haze is certainly answering the criticisms I had of him this morning. Must have heard about Bird's bowling today.

stephen

I give Starc a lot of crap but he really is a very good bowler. I just want to see Cummins bowl more.

Geez Haze is looking nasty this morning.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I have a feeling this will go to the wire yet. These two are quality obv and in some ways this raises the possobility of Oz becoming complacent and letting the game drift until it's staring them in the face again.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think Australia will be complacent. Not on day five of the second test of an Ashes series. Especially not after yesterday.

stephen

Cummins suffering from "peak Dizzy" syndrome. Constantly beating the edge because he's bowling 30cm too short.

morgieb

I don't think Australia will be complacent. Not on day five of the second test of an Ashes series. Especially not after yesterday.
I think the way we're bowling, we certainly aren't being complacent. Could change a bit when Australia go deeper in the tail, but it would require a momentual effort from these two to even get close.

morgieb

With Bairstow and Ali both now well set on 10 and 2, morgieb must be having kittens
lol

These two need at least 100 to get England back in the game, and probably more like 150. And Australia hasn't lost momentum with the ball.