• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Moyes is a genius. What a life lol, con some idiot club chairman into giving you a job using your media pals, suck so miserably that they're forced to pay you off midway through your contract, fit in some **** punditry where you deflect all blame, get back on the merry-go-round next time some poor sap gets sacked, repeat..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
To be fair to Moyes, the repetitive **** ups at Everton since he left showed that he knew what he was doing there.

cpr

International Coach
In his defence at United, whoever followed Fergie was always going to struggle. Chuck in a chairman whose copy of 'Signing Footballers for Dummies' hadn't arrived yet, and he was on the back foot. His approach was wrong, granted, should never have gone in and swept all the Fergie era coaching staff away - the clean slate doesn't work when its the same players on the pitch. He did plenty wrong, but its not like it was glory days once he left was it?

Didn't see any of his Spanish excursion, twas a strange move for sure though. However being Sunderland manager is basically like vcs' post above. Turn up, fail to polish the almighty turd that is the club. Take a pay off, have a laugh with Big Sam and Gus over caviar and hot pot about the farce that the club is. Send your replacement an invite to next years gathering (and if youre feeling really spiteful, give O'Shea and Cattermole a new contract on your way out)

Certainly don't feel that failing to do anything with Sunderland is a black spot on a CV

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think what makes things worse is that these days the "nice man, but in the wrong place at the wrong time" myth has been fairly conclusively debunked. People know he's not only a bit crap, but quite the ****, and so the goodwill towards him has largely evaporated.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think the United experience killed him. On top of that it’s not unusual for a manager to do a very good job somewhere and then struggle elsewhere. And his time at Everton was filled with peaks and troughs anyway.

I hope he goes to West Ham and takes them down though. Haven’t been able to shake my distaste for them that I acquired when Allardyce was at the helm

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think the United experience killed him. On top of that it’s not unusual for a manager to do a very good job somewhere and then struggle elsewhere. And his time at Everton was filled with peaks and troughs anyway.

I hope he goes to West Ham and takes them down though. Haven’t been able to shake my distaste for them that I acquired when Allardyce was at the helm
Yeah, WHam are one of these teams that has been generally unlikeable for more or less as long as I can remember.

Had some moderately likeable elements in the days when they had young Joe Cole and all that lot, but otherwise they've always been blighted by dickhead managers and/or owners for me.

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
Any team owned by the dildo brothers gets my full endorsement for relegation, alongside any team managed by Tony Pulis, and just Palace in general

cpr

International Coach
Gleefully yep, genuine opportunity for Palace, West Ham and West Brom to go down, so long as the baggies don't pull the trigger like they did with Clarke. If they do then I'll still be happy to see Pulis gone.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, WHam are one of these teams that has been generally unlikeable for more or less as long as I can remember.

Had some moderately likeable elements in the days when they had young Joe Cole and all that lot, but otherwise they've always been blighted by dickhead managers and/or owners for me.
Bilic was a pretty likeable guy though.

Uppercut

It’s so so funny. I hate West Ham and Moyes is terrible. I doubt he’ll even last the season.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
In his defence at United, whoever followed Fergie was always going to struggle. Chuck in a chairman whose copy of 'Signing Footballers for Dummies' hadn't arrived yet, and he was on the back foot. His approach was wrong, granted, should never have gone in and swept all the Fergie era coaching staff away - the clean slate doesn't work when its the same players on the pitch. He did plenty wrong, but its not like it was glory days once he left was it?

Didn't see any of his Spanish excursion, twas a strange move for sure though. However being Sunderland manager is basically like vcs' post above. Turn up, fail to polish the almighty turd that is the club. Take a pay off, have a laugh with Big Sam and Gus over caviar and hot pot about the farce that the club is. Send your replacement an invite to next years gathering (and if youre feeling really spiteful, give O'Shea and Cattermole a new contract on your way out)

Certainly don't feel that failing to do anything with Sunderland is a black spot on a CV
Yeah, if only Moyes could have inherited a title winning side...

Uppercut

Wonder if flibberty is planning on making the trip down to the Olympic Stadium next season.
Aw man I really hope Moyes keeps his job when they get relegated. Ten thousand Shrewsbury fans giving him the "Man U, and you ****ed it up" would make my life.

Uppercut

Public ridicule and scepticism on all sides, David Moyes will need his capacity for delusion more than ever at West Ham | The Independent

The argument is kind of stupid but I can't stop laughing at

He was unveiled as Slaven Bilic’s replacement on Tuesday, trying his hardest to smile as he posed for photos with the club shirt. “Trying” is the operative word here. Moyes doesn’t really smile so much as grimace with teeth: he aspires to smile, and he’ll give it his all, but if it’s not to be, ultimately he’ll hold up his hands and admit that drooping, existential sadness was just too good on the day.

vcs

West Ham reluctantly unveil Moyes as manager

DAVID Moyes is probably going to have to be West Ham’s new manager, the club has wearily announced.

After sacking Slaven Bilic, West Ham’s directors declared with grim resignation that Moyes would be their default appointment.

David Gold said: “We could’ve pretended that we had various other exciting options like Carlo Ancelotti or Marco Silva, but what’s the point in prolonging the agony when we all know it’ll be Moyes?

“I don’t even recall calling David to offer him the job, we just heard a knock at the door and there he was staring at us with those desperate puppy dog eyes and we knew the game was up.

“The only consolation is that it’s not Sam Allardyce again, although I think he’ll come round next.”

David Moyes said: “I’m looking forward to making a futile attempt to turn this team’s fortunes around before being laid off at the start of February.

“It’s just nice to be indoors for the winter.”