• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India ODIs/T20Is 2017

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
If Munro can come off at the top, & Latham settles in at 5, we have some decent competition at 6 from, Nicholls, Todd, Anderson, Phillips and I haven't completely given up on Neesham either. Good signs.

On the bowling side, I'm not sure we'll get away with cheap Munro overs again, so would think about Sodhi & would have Ferguson on the sidelines ahead of Henry. The jury is still out on De Grandhomme for me. A must at T20 level, but he does tend to leak a few too many in ODis.
I'm hopeful CDG with IPL experience now will score some finishing runs in the ODIs this series. Would be nice to see something significant from numbers 6 down.

Think we'll probably see Sodhi if they think the wicket suits.

Yeah even I found it a bit of shame Seifert didn't really work out. He proved he can can block and battle on the A tour, then two ducks in the ODIs, no good in his U19 World Cup in the UAE.

We need a bit of that preening Chris Cairns vanity back in our icing, to get the truly ideal No. 6. Possibly too rustic and corn-fed by those Pukekura Park boundaries, the likes of Bruce.
The NZA tour great wicketkeeper hunt was a bit of a bust in that regard - the one they're not really considering as a wicketkeeper scored the runs. Seifert may have lined himself up as Watling's test reserve, but that's not worth much this summer.

Josh Clarkson the latest heir to that throne though seems a nice guy in interviews, without the arrogance of Mr X. Anyway, this NZ tail more needs a field marshall type with the game sense to know what is required, the ability to manage the tempo, the nous to get the best out of his batting partners - a 2017 version of Chris Harris please.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I'm happy to give Nicholls a shot in the side, even if it is at six. He has good List A numbers.

The side that played last night was the best balanced NZ side I've seen in the last 12 months in any format, I like it!

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah places like Chennai and Bangalore have some of the most sporting crowds in the world. It's generally much worse up north.

The obvious answer is that no one likes Australia.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Might just be the regional variation. Mumbai possibly a bit more cosmopolitan and a bit less parochial?
It's all about Australia. (The 2008 series won't be forgotten quickly :ph34r: , and new **** keeps popping up from time to time.)

Chennai is a very sporty crowd btw, they even appreciate Pakistan if they do well.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watched most of the NZ innings, and it was a treat to watch that partnership. May Latham prosper and prosper at number 5. And hope to god this is Rosco's return to glory.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Australians are just hated overall in India, plus Smith was having wahhs regarding the rain or something which obviously irritated the crowd because they wanted to match to go on.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
That was one clinical display by the black caps. Brilliant couple of spells backed by some well thought out batting plans. Like I said earlier in the thread outside of sub continent sides black caps currently are the best players of spin. It's a 3 match series so one more game if can be closed out it'll be very memorable series. I'm sure india will come out guns blazing next game and we can't just rely on Boult to pick up wickets consistently. Santner if he can attack and pick up couple of wickets or three it'll ease a bit of pressure off the faster bowlers.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting and a little sad to see Adam Milne putting it through in the mid-130's on the highlights package.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I've always felt that Milne provides a more valuable contribution than his stats suggest, but if he's bowling fast medium then he absolutely shouldn't be in the side atm.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Josh Clarkson the latest heir to that throne though seems a nice guy in interviews, without the arrogance of Mr X.
Yeah but Clarkson would create the same soft dismissal twice in two balls for gentle Josh Finnie there at 2:04, if he could. Mr X would only do that if he'd jacked something up beforehand -

Secretly come back into the NZ fold in a mask and instill some Jungian shadows into Clarkson, Mr. X.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I've always felt that Milne provides a more valuable contribution than his stats suggest, but if he's bowling fast medium then he absolutely shouldn't be in the side atm.
He was often down in 83-86mph territory in England, by the looks of things.

He seems even keener on his wrist spin change-up now, Milne. Rather than stop that wrist and forearm from working at cross purposes and hampering his swing for all these years, he's just sort of embraced it, rolling the wrist right over it as a variation.

anaksr

U19 Debutant
Seriously, team management needs to sit with Dhoni and discuss his role in batting. He has seriously lost his fire power in last few years. He needs to really work on hitting skills coz the position he comes requires him to hit sixes and it might be tough for him if he continues like this.

Shri

Mr. Glass
**** Mandraker says:

NZ have light brown and light grey/beige as colours. I think that's a better option when they come to India, especially in October. I know Scott Styris was talking about the thin material but, black absorbs. That's why we have global warming because there aren't enough icebergs reflecting sunlight back into the atmosphere. So, dark colours absorb heat.