• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So I think that putting Shai Hope as the limited overs keeper takes some of the batting out of him.

So for the next match, give the gloves to Sunil Ambris, and drop Samuels.

Bishoo is ineffective. Possibly the least effective leggie in the world at the moment.

Thoughts? Share.

Bijed

International Regular
Yeah, I would think that when you've got someone as potentially good as Hope having jsut found their feet and starting to fulfill their promise as an international batsmen, you should just let them keep at it for a bit, not pile extra responsibility on them.

I'm afraid I don't know enough about potential other wicketkeepers, but right now dropping Samuels is probably something the team can afford to do (now I've said this he'll probably been retained and smash a match-winning century in the next game)

As for Bishoo, I like him and would argue that his ODI record so far is decent enough, albeit he probably needs to take a few more wickets. Test-wise, I would want him around, though maybe not an automatic pick - conditions dependant?

To be completely honest, from a test POV, assuming Darren Bravo comes back in for Kyle Hope, you've got a side which is going to win games. T20s you're good in too. ODIs there's certainly room for development

SillyCowCorner1

Yeah, I would think that when you've got someone as potentially good as Hope having jsut found their feet and starting to fulfill their promise as an international batsmen, you should just let them keep at it for a bit, not pile extra responsibility on them.

I'm afraid I don't know enough about potential other wicketkeepers, but right now dropping Samuels is probably something the team can afford to do (now I've said this he'll probably been retained and smash a match-winning century in the next game)

As for Bishoo, I like him and would argue that his ODI record so far is decent enough, albeit he probably needs to take a few more wickets. Test-wise, I would want him around, though maybe not an automatic pick - conditions dependant?

To be completely honest, from a test POV, assuming Darren Bravo comes back in for Kyle Hope, you've got a side which is going to win games. T20s you're good in too. ODIs there's certainly room for development
I just don't like the idea of giving him added responsibility.

If they wanted, they could have brought in Chadwick Walton into the ODI squad. He is a pretty good keeper. He builds morale also with his buddy Kensrick.

Sunil Ambris got here on merit. He has been performing.

About the Darren Bravo/Kyle Hope issue. That is a non-issue. Bravo will soon be in the team again. Shimron will also.

We have to build around these players and produce results. I personally dislike Holder the captain.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
My Team for 2nd ODI

Gayle
Lewis
Hope
Samuels
Mohammed
Ambris (WK)
Powell
Holder
Nurse
Williams
Taylor

Notes:

- Ambris averages 50+ in List A cricket and keeps for the Windward Islands. He's already spent 2 series sitting on the bench. He needs to play.

- Powell needs to be given some overs. He does well whenever he gets given the ball yet they just don't bowl him. Number 7 will suit him much more than 6, he can come in and hit quick fire 40s and 50s and finish off the innings.

- Bishoo is not the best ODI option, he bowls too loosely and offers no control.

SillyCowCorner1

^^ agree about the Rovman Powell batting position.

I feel that someone in the lineup needs to be a 'floater', that can be used to fit into a role. A role meaning to adapt to a situation instantaneously.

The only player in the world who can do this at the moment is Moeen Ali

Beamer

Rovman can float up the order depending on circumstance i guess. The only issue is I wouldn't expect him to be too good in a rebuilding the innings scenario.

In other news, the A team squad has been selected for the 4 day matches.

Shamarh Brooks (Captain), Vishal Singh (Vice-Captain), Sunil Ambris, John Campbell,Yannic Cariah,Rahkeem Cornwall, Sheldon Cottrell,Jahmar Hamilton,Montcin Hodge, Damion Jacobs,Keon Joseph,Reynard Leveridge, Oshane Thomas

So the likely team:

John Campbell
Montcin Hodge
Shamarh Brooks (c)
Sunil Ambris
Vishaul Singh (vc)
Yannick Cariah
Jahmar Hamilton (wk)
Rakheem Cornwall
Keon Joseph
Reynard Leveridge/Sheldon Cotterell/Damion Jacobs
Oshane Thomas

The batting looks weak. Shamarh Brooks and Sunil Ambris are probably the closest to test honours whilst Vishaul Singh could force his way back if he looks back in form. He has scored a lot of A team runs in the past.

The bowling looks seriously exciting though with extreme pace in Leveridge and Thomas, quality seam bowling in Joseph and excellent off spin with Cornwall. I'm looking forward to the series.

SillyCowCorner1

Vishaul Singh should be able to dominate. I don't know what happened when he was playing for Windies. The guy is legit. He just need some encouragement.

Somehow I feel he is the Jason Mohammed of the test squad.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
My Team for 2nd ODI

Gayle
Lewis
Hope
Samuels
Mohammed
Ambris (WK)
Powell
Holder
Nurse
Williams
Taylor

Notes:

- Ambris averages 50+ in List A cricket and keeps for the Windward Islands. He's already spent 2 series sitting on the bench. He needs to play.

- Powell needs to be given some overs. He does well whenever he gets given the ball yet they just don't bowl him. Number 7 will suit him much more than 6, he can come in and hit quick fire 40s and 50s and finish off the innings.

- Bishoo is not the best ODI option, he bowls too loosely and offers no control.
like that team...is Ambris an aggressive batsman? If not, I'd swap him with Mohammed in the batting order

Beamer

like that team...is Ambris an aggressive batsman? If not, I'd swap him with Mohammed in the batting order
AMbris is pretty flexible, I've seen him play both aggressively and I've seen him rotate the strike in the middle overs.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Why isnt blackwood in the sqaud. The way he plays in tests i would have thought he would be a great odi no.5.

SillyCowCorner1

Conversion of dots to one's and twos is a major problem for us in ODIs.

What is the batting coach/consultant training them to do about this?