• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've been giving Jennings the BOTD, but c'mon it's over now, technique is not going to cut it. Not been a great series for batsmen to play in, but he's just inept.

Another new name I guess, and yes Stoneman the obvious choice, but I'll still fight the lone case for Luke Wells. Malan clearly not up to it either, umm another random name too.

Lucky we've got this Windies series coming up.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
3/38 sounds like pretty good figures for Olivier. Did he actually not bowl that well?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
3/38 sounds like pretty good figures for Olivier. Did he actually not bowl that well?

no he bowled fine. A few of the runs scored against him were edges to the boundary as well, nearly had Moeen chop on first ball but it went for four

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Think SA missed a trick by not bowling Olivier with the new ball this match. Especially in pitch/conditions like this I reckon he would've been more damaging than Rabada.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
WTF, just seen that six that Bairstow caught on the balcony off Mo...........has that ever happened before??

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The weather forecast has improved; dry for all of day and the first hour or so tomorrow. As a draw is no use to SA, we should see some really good cricket.

Maybe this will be the part of the series when Broad shows up.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
The weather forecast has improved; dry for all of day and the first hour or so tomorrow. As a draw is no use to SA, we should see some really good cricket.

Maybe this will be the part of the series when Broad shows up.
Good to see the rain stay away for most of the last 3 days...the other side of the border has seen it come down in buckets!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Moonda isn't the only ordinary cricket writer on the internet, but she is the only one to have every article linked here.
She also seems the only cricket writer that posts on SA cricket for cricinfo... which is sad for all the SA fans.

91Jmay

International Coach
Nah, De Villiers needs to keep his gob shut. He is making himself look more and more ridiculous, not playing Test matches to prep for another T20 league and sending out dopey tweets. The vast vast majority of replies to those tweets are unhappy SA fans.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, De Villiers needs to keep his gob shut. He is making himself look more and more ridiculous, not playing Test matches to prep for another T20 league and sending out dopey tweets. The vast vast majority of replies to those tweets are unhappy SA fans.
Because tweeting support for your team is such a bad thing? And dopey stupid tweeting is uncommon on the net? Anybody who tweets as far as I`m concerned is pretty stupid, but certainly dont hold it against them. And of course because he is an ex-test player who has given over 100 games for his country when he decides to concentrate on other aspects of his life, should be vilified by all SA fans who dont like his personal life decisions. Yeah that all makes complete sense.

DriveClub

International Regular
Lol yeah who ever joins cricinfo just seem to get wierd, that polite enquiries or whatever they do is just cringe af, I used to like kimber

91Jmay

International Coach
Because tweeting support for your team is such a bad thing? And dopey stupid tweeting is uncommon on the net? Anybody who tweets as far as I`m concerned is pretty stupid, but certainly dont hold it against them. And of course because he is an ex-test player who has given over 100 games for his country when he decides to concentrate on other aspects of his life, should be vilified by all SA fans who dont like his personal life decisions. Yeah that all makes complete sense.
I forgot we aren't allowed to criticise Saint AB.