• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

18th June - FINAL - India vs Pakistan

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But what has Ashwin done wrong is my question.

Where was he supposed to be bowling to Fakhar and what has he done instead?

My argument is he's been bowling the way he has been as a consequence of how well Fakhar has batted. The plan was to cramp him for room and not let him get under the ball. The plan hasn't worked. He tried to return to a default 'bowl properly' kind of plan, and still get hit.

It's not the same as Ashwin just 'bowling badly'. I'd buy that if he was bowling fulltosses and long hops that were getting hammered, or if Azhar or Azam managed to hammer him for runs too. But that hasn't been the case.
He's been rubbish. The problem is with his bowling arm imo. He's using it to bowl fingerspin instead of something useful.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why the **** does he keep bowling Ashwin

What the **** is wrong with Kohli. **** off. Seriously.

cnerd123

likes this
Obviously bowling plans don't come down to bowling just one type of delivery. You can't just try and cramp him for room every ball, and you have to anticipate his adjustments.

If he's making adjustments that's part of your plan. You don't just go "Oh well he figured that out time to start a new plan". He didn't just become Ricky Ponting or someone who it's impossible to cramp up.
but what's the plan to counter the way he's adjusted to everything they've thrown at him?

You're all criticising him but no one is telling me what he should have done instead. I'm asking this sincerely. Where should Ashwin and Jaddu have bowled? What should they have done instead? What exactly about their bowling today has been bad, and what would 'good' bowling have looked like?

Look at that. Decent length, floated up, middle and leg. And he nails it for six. Is this bad bowling? Why? He didn't even get to the pitch of it, he just swung through and got six. DId Ashwin miss his length or something?

Now that. Saw him coming down, bowled it really wide, and he still connected. Is that bad bowling too? What should he have done instead?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Usually yes. But you do realise what his record is against India right? Bloke just doesn't bother against any other team.
I didn't realise. I still stand by my comment. I feel like Fakhar would have batted differently if Malik had of come out. If Shoaib Malik is so good, he can come out next and dominate.

Stapel

International Regular
Unibet have Pak as favourites now.

Not a funny idea. From here, 320 would be very very disappointing.

91Jmay

International Coach
I didn't realise. I still stand by my comment. I feel like Fakhar would have batted differently if Malik had of come out. If Shoaib Malik is so good, he can come out next and dominate.
Fakhar would bat the same whether he's batting with Don Bradman or Don King. Having a slug who can't even rotate the strike isn't helping anyone.

Babar must go on now and at least get up to a run a ball, or else it's a terrible innings.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
but what's the plan to counter the way he's adjusted to everything they've thrown at him?

You're all criticising him but no one is telling me what he should have done instead. I'm asking this sincerely. Where should Ashwin and Jaddu have bowled? What should they have done instead? What exactly about their bowling today has been bad, and what would 'good' bowling have looked like?

Look at that. Decent length, floated up, middle and leg. And he nails it for six. Is this bad bowling? Why? He didn't even get to the pitch of it, he just swung through and got six. DId Ashwin miss his length or something?

Now that. Saw him coming down, bowled it really wide, and he still connected. Is that bad bowling too? What should he have done instead?
wtf are you talking about. Ashwin has bowled wides, he's bowled a bunch of short, flat ****e and Jadeja has bowled some awful short wide deliveries. I have no idea what the plan should be. But regardless of what the plan is you shouldn't bowl bad balls. Now stop this silly discussion.