• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

18th June - FINAL - India vs Pakistan

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah.

And he's unorthodox, but he's not unorthodoxically unorthodox, if you take my meaning. Every club bowler has come across a batsman of Fakhar's style - basically never gets in line with the ball and instinctively wants to cut everything.
They've tried things tho. They cramped him for room, he found ways to back away and pick up singles on leg, or dance down the wicket, meet the ball, and hit it down the ground

They bowled slower and fuller, and he either drove it comfortably or swiped across the line

They bowl shorter, they get cut.

He's had inside edges and outside edges run away. He's hit across the line and across the spin and all of it has come off.

I'm sitting here and I can't give you a plan or a way the Indian spinners should be bowling to him that would keep him quiet. All I can say is that Azam has racked up like 15 dot balls playing both Ashwin and Jadeja from the other end. And they kept Azhar quiet too. They aren't bowling that badly. Fakhar has just been awesome.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They've tried things tho. They cramped him for room, he found ways to back away and pick up singles on leg, or dance down the wicket, meet the ball, and hit it down the ground

They bowled slower and fuller, and he either drove it comfortably or swiped across the line

He's had inside edges and outside edges run away. He's hit across the line and across the spin and all of it has come off.

I'm sitting here and I can't give you a plan or a way the Indian spinners should be bowling to him that would keep him quiet. All I can say is that Azam has racked up like 15 dot balls playing both Ashwin and Jadeja from the other end. And they kept Azhar quiet too. They aren't bowling that badly. Fakhar has just been awesome.
This is just weird *****. You do realise that Ashwin bowling horribly and Fakhar batting brilliantly can BOTH be true right?

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah Ashwin's definitely not bowled at his best, he actually started out badly in terms of his approach. Getting hit in the middle overs when the opposition is one thing but he could have been more attacking at the start.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member

Obviously bowling plans don't come down to bowling just one type of delivery. You can't just try and cramp him for room every ball, and you have to anticipate his adjustments.

If he's making adjustments that's part of your plan. You don't just go "Oh well he figured that out time to start a new plan". He didn't just become Ricky Ponting or someone who it's impossible to cramp up.

Niall

International Coach
Good stuff from Zaman, the way he bats he likely will have a lean period, hope Pakistan persist with him and don't go back to tried and tested failures.

cnerd123

likes this
This is just weird *****. You do realise that Ashwin bowling horribly and Fakhar batting brilliantly can BOTH be true right?
But what has Ashwin done wrong is my question.

Where was he supposed to be bowling to Fakhar and what has he done instead?

My argument is he's been bowling the way he has been as a consequence of how well Fakhar has batted. The plan was to cramp him for room and not let him get under the ball. The plan hasn't worked. He tried to return to a default 'bowl properly' kind of plan, and still get hit.

It's not the same as Ashwin just 'bowling badly'. I'd buy that if he was bowling fulltosses and long hops that were getting hammered, or if Azhar or Azam managed to hammer him for runs too. But that hasn't been the case.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just need to hope our famous chasers show up today. They'll put up 330+.