• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Agent TBY

International Captain
Those last few minutes were incredibly fun to watch.

Except for the T-fest, of course. I'm just glad they got back on track after that.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Never really felt like a game. Poor playoffs tbh, but atleast an amazing team won it. Durant was sensational and I'm pleased for him.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Fully deserved championship, Durant is the ****ing man, feel for Lebron, and so on and so forth.

Now, the biggest question that remains:

How does Shaq feel about Javale McGee, NBA champion?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
****, Social Jnr wants a pair of KD bazillions and a title will probably cause Nike to slap another $20 on the price tag

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Very good Warriors, absolutely too strong and deserve the win. Quite demoralising for the rest of the NBA.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very good Warriors, absolutely too strong and deserve the win. Quite demoralising for the rest of the NBA.
I don't think they'll be too demoralized tbh. As great as I think they are, it sets up next season or two brilliantly imo. The good thing about a seemingly unbeatable team like this is that some of the other contenders will be desperate to pull off a few blockbuster trades to try and match the warriors. I'm salivating at the thought of CP3 with the spurs and Paul George at Cleveland. They simply can't afford to sit back and play safe (atleast I hope they don't) and that's exciting.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah, I have to agree. As much as I don't like the thing about the super teams to this extent, it has shaken things up. We are all looking at what will happen. It has redefined things about superstars jumping boat. These are good aspects.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
PG 13 to the Cavs, really? Cool. The demoralising call was more for the fact that when the season starts there will only be like 3 teams capable of winning the whole thing. Don't get me wrong though, I love the regular season and a few blockbuster trades will be awesome. TBH I'm excited just to finally see Ben Simmons in action and I've never followed a draft as closely as this group so I'm excited to see who handles/gets the best opportunities to shine in the NBA.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Curry-Klay-Iggy-Durant-Draymond vs. Westbrook-Harden-Kawhi-LeBron-Davis.

Gee whiz. Would probably take the all-NBA team just because they'd absolutely kill them whenever they weren't playing that 5-man lineup. If it was 48 mins of both of those 5's then I might take the Warriors, there's serious issues in backcourt defence and all three of Wesbrook, Harden and LeBron are better as the initiator of the offense. Harden and especially Westbrook are really poor off-the-ball players.

Last edited:

Agent TBY

International Captain
How would the defensive matchups even work? Curry/Harden, Iggy/Westbrook, Klay/Kawhi? There's also the issue of Draymond not being able to help as readily as he does now.

And on the other side, probably put Kawhi on Durant and LeBron on Curry and live with Iggy and Dray beating you? Klay of course being the big X-factor.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
LeBron can't guard Curry at this stage in his career, he's just not quite at that level on defense anymore. You'd back Westbrook to give it a go, he's up to it athletically but often breaks down by jumping passing lanes and stuffing up switches. Thinking about it more the All-NBA guys would almost certainly win, they, in reality, have 5 of the best 7 players on the court.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I think you'd go: Curry on Russ, Klay on Harden, Iggy on LeBron, Durant on Kawhi and Draymond on Davis. Maybe you switch up and put Durant on Davis just because of his similar height and ability to move with him around the court better. From the other side I'd probably go Westbrook on Curry, Harden on Iggy, LeBron on Durant, Kawhi on Klay and Davis on Draymond. I don't like "wasting" Kawhi on Klay but who else is gonna run with him off the ball? I suppose you could go with Kawhi on Curry and try Westbrook on Klay. Davis is gonna have a hell of a time guarding Draymond.