• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Proud of CricketWeb Today

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hick > Fairbrother

The first half of 1999 he was an odi beast. Fairbrother never reached those Heights

Was Englands best bat at 3 world cups

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I went to the Chennai test, dont recall him playing but I was like 9, so I may well be forgetting.
Sachin made a hundred in that match.

Great memories of that series, the first one I properly followed. :D

England were utterly dire though.

Shady Slim

International Coach
i didn't get to vote in that poll so is it really relevant or acceptable

i'd argue that yes, moreso than if we did one now and i could vote for them

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Flintoff, England's ODI rise and Champions Trophy remind of a priceless moment from 2006.

Champions Trophy game India vs England
Flintoff as captain

England batting first - 125 all out.

After the crushing loss, Flintoff is asked in the press conference

"Is the upcoming Ashes in November the reason why England doesn't seem to be prepared or interested in this tournament?"

Flintoff: "No that's not true. ODI's are important too"

He couldn't have been more unconvincing.

Cricinfo headline next to the match scorecard of England 125 all out - Flintoff: "ODI's are improtant too"