• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Shri

Mr. Glass
Translation:

Politician tossing the coin to inaugrate a tennis ball tournament final: Little brother(phrase of respect when addressing younger people), do you want to bowl or do you want to field?

Best cricket movie ever.:laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The match at the beach when one of their guys loses his bat is just so awesome.. And the title song is still one of my favorites to play in the car, esp. when I have just started the drive.

Bijed

International Regular
I was just seeing what it is like being ***** for a day. It was enlightening and I developed some theories. It's actually a good way to bookmark where you are up to. ***** is a genius!
Is it something you'd recommend we all try at some point?

Victor Ian

International Coach
Is it something you'd recommend we all try at some point?
Sure. Life as ***** has it's benefits. For instance, yesterday I found myself a supporter of the best team in the world. When you are *****, it doesn't matter who that team is - you are always supporting the best team in the world.

Another theory I had paints ***** in a more sinister light. Our board has an absence of a dislike button. ***** has solved that by way of absence-of-like. Once again, he is a genius.

indiaholic

International Captain
Surprised that he popped for that.. I always assume professional athletes use more discrete stuff.. This is basically what gymbros use when they are cutting. Should be excused on the grounds that he is still a fat **** and it evidently had no effect.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprised that he popped for that.. I always assume professional athletes use more discrete stuff.. This is basically what gymbros use when they are cutting. Should be excused on the grounds that he is still a fat **** and it evidently had no effect.
Imagine how fat he'd be without it

Bijed

International Regular
Rename 'Mankad', fumes Gavaskar | Sport24

I have always thought it was one of the strangest terms in sport

They could change it to the 'Kapil Deving' ...
I'm probably just being a bit naive, but I never actually realised that the term was/is, to quote the article, "loaded with negative connotations of bad sportsmanship". Always seen it as simply bearing Mankad's name and not spoiling it. I mean, I know it's a controversial mode of dismissal, but wasn't aware that it has wider impacts on Mankad's reputation.