• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Bijed

International Regular
Hong Kong international players are now adding me on FB

omg omg omg omg
Do you use the picture of Mustafizur as you profile pic on Facebook too? Might think you're actually him.

(Because obviously all international cricketers use their cricinfo portraits on social media :ph34r:)

Last edited:

Bijed

International Regular
If he was doing it as a protest against the umpires, they should have just stopped calling the wides/no-balls to annoy them further :ph34r:

Also, do I see Mustafizur Rahman opening the batting?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If he was doing it as a protest against the umpires, they should have just stopped calling the wides/no-balls to annoy them further :ph34r:

Also, do I see Mustafizur Rahman opening the batting?
Haha, great spot!

There's also Rubel Hussain. :-O

cnerd123

likes this
I really don't get the line of thinking here. You think the umpiring is screwing you, so you screw yourself over?

Can you imagine the motivational speech in the dressing room between innings.

Coach: "Alright boys, we're up against it. We got just 91 to defend and the umpires are in their pocket. But you know what, it's time like this where men show their real character. Its time like this when the greats rise to the occasion. Because it doesn't matter what do when everything is going your way, it's about what you do when things aren't. It's about how you face adversity and confront it head on. When hope starts to fade is when the fire inside you should burn brightest. We aren't going to lie down and let them walk all over us. No. We're going to stand up, we're going to be loud, aggressive, in their face, and give them all we got!!

Players: YEA!

Coach: Sujon - take the new ball, and bowl every single delivery off the pitch

Players: Wait, what?

Coach: We're going to protest this by throwing the game. LIKE REAL MEN DO.

Seriously so weird.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I suspect about 5 balls in he just couldn't get it to land on the wicket and thought **** this i'm going to roll with it

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I really don't get the line of thinking here. You think the umpiring is screwing you, so you screw yourself over?

Coach: "Alright boys, we're up against it. We got just 91 to defend and the umpires are in their pocket. But you know what, it's time like this where men show their real character. Its time like this when the greats rise to the occasion. Because it doesn't matter what do when everything is going your way, it's about what you do when things aren't. It's about how you face adversity and confront it head on. When hope starts to fade is when the fire inside you should burn brightest. We aren't going to lie down and let them walk all over us. No. We're going to stand up, we're going to be loud, aggressive, in their face, and give them all we got!!

Seriously so weird.

says the man who got himself banned trolling a troll. :p

Bijed

International Regular

Seriously so weird.
Yeah, it is kinda weird, but with young players I can sort of see them acting in that sort of petty/irrational way in response to a perceived great injustice (even if the umpires were deliberately screwing them, people a great at blowing this sort of thing out of proportion). Can also imagine the coach supporting/advocating/suggesting such an approach or at least being somewhat apathetic and just letting the players do it, just because their maybe not the greatest coach.

So yeah, it's weird and unlikely, but plausible imo.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I would've walked away as captain when they wouldn't let me see the coin before the toss.