• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
So first test loss since Galle. I guess it's been overdue for some time now . Need flatter pitches. I'll just take a series win from this point somehow

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
7 wickets for 11, that is some collapse.

Warne is an odious excuse for a human being.

Just a curator stuff up? Or India too much hubris after winning all the tosses on bunsen burners v SAF, NZ, and 1sr test v Eng. that was some streak.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Not only is this probably the best performance by an Aussie spinner in India, is it the best performance by any visiting spinner?

Also he beat Warne's best figures. Hah.
Surely not, there's lots of turn there and plenty of spinners have taken big hauls on dustbowls in India before. Hell, Michael Clarke took 6 for 9.

Great post-lunch spell though.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Also, why aren't there more people in the stadium? Indians are my favourite cricket-loving people, and yet they don't seem to care about this one...

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Before series: We need turning pitches to beat Australia. Can't give their batsmen flat tracks.

2 days into first test: We need flatter pitches.

K

Zinzan

Bloody hell, we lost 7 for 11. One of the great collapses. It hasn't happened to India for a while. I think Herath in Galle was the last occasion.
7 for 11 must be up there with the worst, I recall the Windies losing 6 for 3 against Australia once, but not sure of a worse 7-fer collapse

Top_Cat

Surely not, there's lots of turn there and plenty of spinners have taken big hauls on dustbowls in India before. Hell, Michael Clarke took 6 for 9.

Great post-lunch spell though.
See what happens when you don't check Cricinfo first?
i got excited.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
On this pitch and with that lead I can't see Oz getting beat. Even if it was 47 all out cant see India chasing 200 after that disaster on a pitch only getting worse.

Thought it was noteworthy when Kerry O'Keefe said a couple of weeks ago he thought Oz could win the series; he's a very astute judge and when he makes calls like that you take notice.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
This is probably the first time I've actually supported Australia against India, but I can't believe they are competing - let alone dominating.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Also, why aren't there more people in the stadium? Indians are my favourite cricket-loving people, and yet they don't seem to care about this one...
Not the weekend yet. Given what has happened, wouldn't be surprised by an empty stadium tomorrow either.:laugh: