• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pitch still looks like a road tbf, this has been so poor from Bangers this innings.

Agree with the Banger's commentator, he must feel a bit sick from what he's seen this morning.

cnerd123

likes this
Terrible shot selection from BD here and terrible posting from AZH too

I did call a BD lollapse as the most likely route to a result in this Test tho

Just hope BD come out gunning for wickets. Trying to restrict NZ won't work

Zinzan

I doubt medical staff would allow Rahim to bat again even if he and the side wanted it. Bad blows to the head aren't taken lightly these days, especially when the guy was on the floor for 10 minutes and needed to be taken off in an ambulance.

Zinzan

I'd be giving Timmy a spell here & bring Waggers on if it's that short tactic they're looking for.

Zinzan

Man if Rahim comes out of the hospital to bat for BD here he'd be such a legend
Batting on after a broken limb/bad cut/side strain etc = Legendary

Batting on a couple of hours after being concussed and rushed to the hospital = Plain Stupidity.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Incredible... If NZ do manage to do this, would it in fact be a record of largest total conceded in a victory? To me that would deserve as much praise as largest target chased for victory.

Zinzan

Good news:

Update: Neck scan clears Mushfiqur Rahim of any damage. The hospital will decide soon whether to discharge him.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Batting on after a broken limb/bad cut/side strain etc = Legendary

Batting on a couple of hours after being concussed and rushed to the hospital = Plain Stupidity.
Jacques Kallis, India, Newlands.

Also, Graeme Smith, Sydney.

Also Anil Kumble in West Indies.

Must be a few other fine examples?

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Man as frustrated as I am by this performance, I have to say that they basically batted just like this in the first innings, except that it came off.

You live by the sword, you die by the sword. I would have loved more discretion from Tamim, Sabbir and Shakib but they just aren't that kind of batsmen. Mahmadullah got a tickle, Mirage ran a stupid stupid run (that was dumb AF and can be avoided), and Mushy and Kayes got injured.

These guys have been aggressive all test. It just backfired on them at a bad time. Let's hope the lads come out fired up and aggressive and try to bowl NZ out here. Now is not the time to go into their shell.