• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The ball is reversing according to cricinfo? If so then it should be Boult and Wagz going straight for the base of the stumps after lunch.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
If Bangladesh can bat for about 10-15 overs more then they'll have a shot at saving the match (especially with a bit of good old time wasting, slow over rates, negative lines etc).

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Another reason why you should never declare in your first innings, my argument against 1st inning declaration gaining momentum every test, teams like bd, pak who are collapse prone should safe guard themselves against 2nd inning collapses when they're playing away instead of listening to jackasses like ian chappell and throwing away a test
Fair point. Can't even blame Chappelli this time, Bangladesh and NZ aren't on his radar of the 3 teams that exist :laugh:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But who are you seriously suggesting he be replaced with. Bracewell is not up to it, Milne is permainjured, Henry got a chance to have a bowl-off with Tim against Pakistan and only managed to confirm how far off the pace he is.

So then you start casting around for fresh faces. But Kugz is unavailable this season (and possibly forever depending on the outcome of his trial). Ferguson obviously lacks the fitness and control for test cricket. Jamieson has about 1/2 of a good season under his belt. Nuttall has gone to **** (and picking him would lead to a very samey looking NZ attack). Wheeler is a poor man's Boult. And once you're through those guys you're down to people like Arnel and Bennett.

I'd love there to be some real competition for Southee's place - more than anything because Southee's always been at his best after somebody's lit a fire under his arse. But it just isn't there atm.
All you've really done here is rubbish all those fringe bowlers who haven't been given a crack yet. Henry & Bracewell have had more than enough chances now & haven't succeeded, that much we know, but given we also know that resting/dropping Southee seemed to be the right tonic last time back in 2012, it seems small minded overlooking these next cabs off the rank, like the Wheelers of this world and not giving them a shot. I'm not saying Southee should be rested/dropped right now, given he did perform well against Pakistan, but there were certainly times in the last 2-3 years that being rested/dropped (whatever you want to call it), could have got the best out of him. We shouldn't be so close-minded in thinking if Bracewell and Henry didn't take their Test opportunities, then nobody else has a chance.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
All you've really done here is rubbish all those fringe bowlers who haven't been given a crack yet. Henry & Bracewell have had more than enough chances now & haven't succeeded, that much we know, but given we also know that resting/dropping Southee seemed to be the right tonic last time back in 2012, it seems small minded overlooking these next cabs off the rank, like the Wheelers of this world and not giving them a shot. I'm not saying Southee should be rested/dropped right now, given he did perform well against Pakistan, but there were certainly times in the last 2-3 years that being rested/dropped (whatever you want to call it), could have got the best out of him. We shouldn't be so close-minded in thinking if Bracewell and Henry didn't take their Test opportunities, then nobody else has a chance.
I'll ask again, who are you seriously suggesting he be replaced with?

Zinzan

I'll ask again, who are you seriously suggesting he be replaced with?
At difference times in the last couple of years, I would have liked to have seen Wheeler given a chance for one. You know that period when Southee was averaging about 44 for a period of 18 months?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wheeler currently averaging 51.75 and who wasn't even fit last season. Definitely needs to string two seasons together at some stage.

Zinzan

Ok, back to the game in hand.

66 overs scheduled in the day (63 considering the innings change over). Lead currently 193, with realistically 3 wickets in hand with Kayes padded up.

If Bangers can survive an hour and score 40 runs, it would be getting into the territory of about 235 required from about 47 overs, still doable.

Zinzan

Wheeler currently averaging 51.75 and who wasn't even fit last season. Definitely needs to string two seasons together at some stage.
I'm talking about shortly after the England tour in 2015 when he was bowling with good rhythm in the short form.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
At difference times in the last couple of years, I would have liked to have seen Wheeler given a chance for one. You know that period when Southee was averaging about 44 for a period of 18 months?
Even setting aside the obvious balance issues that a bowling attack of Boult/Wheeler/Wagner would have, Wheeler wasn't available for most of last year because he was injured, which has always been a problem of his (hence his Kippax nickname of 'Elusive Stag').

cnerd123

likes this
God there is a lot of **** to wade through in this thread

Burgey made three whole posts

Hope Mushy is okay. Hope these lads cling on here. This is the real challenge for them. Sabbir playing a fine fine innings.

NZ are in for a real good shot at victory here tho. Don't think this bowling unit can withstand an assault if NZ were to go after whatever target is set to them

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'm talking about shortly after the England tour in 2015 when he was bowling with good rhythm in the short form.
The tour of England? That was like.. Southee's 2nd bad test series in about 3 years. That's being awfully eager to give him the boot.

cnerd123

likes this
Some really really dumb batting tho it must be said

Compete for 4 days and 2 sessions and undid all the work in one bad session. These boys need to learn that you can't afford to slip up at any point of a Test match.

cnerd123

likes this
If BD do get bowled out soon, I hope they come back out trying to bowl NZ out rather than spread the field and hope for the draw. Don't concede the game yet. Keep fighting and make NZ work for it.

Also I wonder who will keep wicket and if Kayes and Mushy play next test.

Zinzan

God there is a lot of **** to wade through in this thread

Burgey made three whole posts

Hope Mushy is okay. Hope these lads cling on here. This is the real challenge for them. Sabbir playing a fine fine innings.

NZ are in for a real good shot at victory here tho. Don't think this bowling unit can withstand an assault if NZ were to go after whatever target is set to them
Honestly don't know what's worse these days. Constant ***** posting or constant ***** complaining about ***** posting, I almost think the latter is worse & more tedious.

When I see a thread I don't care for the comments in, I leave it, I don't feel the need to inform everyone I don't like the other posting in general. I might debate the point itself, but just generic complaining about the posting seems both daft and above all pointless.

I've never understood the logic, but people do it all the time. It's kind of like when Bahnz made the special point of pasting a screen-shot the other day to show everyone how he's ignored certain posters the other day, like people give a ****, I just don't understand the point.

Anyway... interesting Test match finish in prospect here.

Burgey

Someone suggested Mahmudullah would fill in as keeper in the fourth innings here. Does that sound right?