• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs New Zealand ODIs 2016/17

vandem

International 12th Man
The end of Watling in ODIs?

If he is not batting in the top 4, I don't see a reason why he should play ahead of Blundell or Siefert.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Shakespeare said:
Out, out, brief candle! Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
^^ written about Colin Munro afaics. So much sound and fury, so few runs.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The end of Watling in ODIs?

If he is not batting in the top 4, I don't see a reason why he should play ahead of Blundell or Siefert.
I don't see him adding the value to our ODI side that a lot of folks predicted he would. Possibly would have suited the 1990s style of ODI batting down the order, but not the modern day stuff.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Boys against men...

We're not going to improve till the system changes, our system is hell bent on picking mediocre European technicians and sloggers.

As someone who has played club cricket, I can tell you that we are missing out big time by not investing in young Asian batsmen.

Generally they are far more talented, the issue they have is recklessness yet they rarely get into the prem and A teams, instead their talent is wasted in the lower grades rather than identified and developed by coaches.

Last edited:

jcas0167

International Debutant
Boys against men...

We're not going to improve till the system changes, our system is hell bent on picking mediocre European technicians and sloggers.

As someone who has played club cricket, I can tell you that we are missing out big time by not investing in young Asian batsmen.

Generally they are far more talented, the issue they have is recklessness yet they rarely get into the prem and A teams, instead their talent is wasted in the lower grades rather than identified and developed by coaches.
Based on his recent domestic T20 form, Chapman will probably be coming into the team sooner rather than later.