• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies vs Pakistan in UAE 2016

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Consistently I think Starc is quicker but for the odd ball or two than Gabriel is capable of some serious pace. I haven’t watched much of this test but he was touching 150kph last test. Be great if Gabriel could now push on as Joseph looks a real talent albeit very raw. Holder still a huge concern however, last 12 test matches he is only taken 10 wickets and just bowling gun barrel straight at 120kph. Batting isn't much to write home about as well, averaging just 25.
He averages 30 with the bat

Bahseph

State Captain
I'm getting quite annoyed with all these Blackwood run a ball innings. He has great shots, but he is destined to average 30 odd if he plays this loosely so often.

Some of the best attacking batsman I've seen have had a sound defence as well and he strikes me as wanting to attack because he doesn't trust his defence enough.

neville cardus

International Debutant
Loving Viv's commentary. His speech patterns are fascinating, his malapropisms endearing. He told us just now that Chase had "taken a book out of the Pakistani batsmen's leaf."

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm getting quite annoyed with all these Blackwood run a ball innings. He has great shots, but he is destined to average 30 odd if he plays this loosely so often.

Some of the best attacking batsman I've seen have had a sound defence as well and he strikes me as wanting to attack because he doesn't trust his defence enough.
IIRC, all his biggish scores so far have come when he goes into cbf-mode. Not a very good sign tbh.

Niall

International Coach
Nawaz again underused, this is just bizarre, if he isn't going to get a go in a dead rubber against the West Indies, then when the hell will he get a proper bowl? This test would have been a perfect opportunity to see him have a long bowl, and its not as if Babar is tearing it up whatsoever.

Bahseph

State Captain
Nawaz needs a decent bowl since he is going on tour to NZ. I don't get Misbah's reluctance , especially having seen his usage of Hafeez as a bowler in Test cricket. Maybe he doesn't rate him at all. If that's the case play the extra batsman and squeeze some overs out of Ali.

listento_me

U19 Captain
Nawaz needs a decent bowl since he is going on tour to NZ. I don't get Misbah's reluctance , especially having seen his usage of Hafeez as a bowler in Test cricket. Maybe he doesn't rate him at all. If that's the case play the extra batsman and squeeze some overs out of Ali.
Agreed.

TBH Misbah has shown this petulance towards certain players in the past. I assume the Nawaz pick may have been forced upon him. Thing is, Pakistan NEED 5 bowlers, especially against Australia. Nawaz probably isn't that guy but if he is going to be picked then they need to utilise him properly.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I think the 4.75 odd for WI is a bargain at this stage...at least one between Brathwaite-Holder batting partnership and Gabriel-Bishoo bowling partnership may click tomorrow. A close match is likely imo.

Niall

International Coach
I think the 4.75 odd for WI is a bargain at this stage...at least one between Brathwaite-Holder batting partnership and Gabriel-Bishoo bowling partnership may click tomorrow. A close match is likely imo.
Very much so, Pakistan deserve to be favs, but can't be backing them at 1/2 whatsoever.