• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hes still in the making though, usual weakness against pace sometimes that there is a possibility of dragging it down to wickets to a rising ball the way he defends it
Yeah I fully agree, and I still don't think he's arguably the most talented batsman in the side as you claimed, but I didn't really 'get it' with Shabbir until very recently, even after watching him lit some LO runs. I can see why he's highly rated now.

SeamUp

International Coach
The new ball (harder) could do the damage here like it seems to have been the case in this game (with spin especially) but the problem is there is still 13 overs and only 67 runs to play with. England need to grab 1 or 2 with the old ball if they have any chance.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wait did that ball go to the boundary on that Cook non-review? They didn't even get 4 leg byes ?! That could be huge if Bangladesh lose this.

Edit: They did get 4. sry.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The idea that you should immediately drop the keeper when they drop a catch is a CW staple but it's never been right.

cnerd123

likes this
What is that shot

There was a leg slip

Why did he do that

Why you give me heart attacks Shabbir

So brave

So crazy

Someone hold me

Shri

Mr. Glass
Yeah I fully agree, and I still don't think he's arguably the most talented batsman in the side as you claimed, but I didn't really 'get it' with Shabbir until very recently, even after watching him lit some LO runs. I can see why he's highly rated now.
Liton Das looked really good. He is probably the best they have, right?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah it's stupid. The only ones that are actually tough down the leg side are those inside edges which miss the stumps. Otherwise, they should be taken, since the edge is always going with the angle and in the direction of the keeper's step anyway.
Keeper has an idea which side the ball is going, but he is blinded before the edge.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sabbir looking like a boss - my first view of him was in the T20 world cup earlier this year and even though he didn't get a score there was still something about him - hope he does well in tests