• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2016

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
In place of a batsman? I think India can afford to drop Sharma for another bowler. There's still runs all the way down.
I think India really lucked out by winning the toss, in a way, given their team selection. They definitely wouldn't have wanted only two seamers on Day 1. It'll probably work out okay from here though.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Hoping Ronchi doesn't go into his shell too much since he went public with how disgusted he was with his last dismissal. Needs to remain positive, just not reckless.
Something tells me him going into his shell won't be an issue.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Kohli should rotate his bowlers better this time. No prolonged spells of spin please. At least not to the point where one of your spinners cuts his finger on the seam.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez, that was Luke Crowe there, where the hell did that come from.... A return to Luke Ronchi next delivery though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Something tells me him going into his shell won't be an issue.
I have seen it before, tbf. See the first innings of this game or the second innings of this one.

Admittedly I don't remember it ever happening since he moved to New Zealand, and it doesn't seem to be happening here so far by any stretch. He's never shy against spin either and we'll be seeing plenty of that shortly.

Zinzan

I think India really lucked out by winning the toss, in a way, given their team selection. They definitely wouldn't have wanted only two seamers on Day 1. It'll probably work out okay from here though.
In an ideal world, although I really think there was enough variable bounce, and bounce in general for their spinners to cause problems on Day 1.

Howe_zat

Audio File
If Ronchi doesn't play Tests after this series and finishes with his average in the 60s he's going to be so annoying to explain to people

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
In an ideal world, although I really think there was enough variable bounce, and bounce in general for their spinners to cause problems on Day 1.
Yeah they definitely wouldn't have been toothless but I bet Kohli would've been regretting his team selection had he lost the toss after seeing how the wicket was playing on Day 1.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
The Guptill dismissal for me highlighted how appreciable the bounce has been (by Indian standards). Looked like Guppy seriously didn't expect it to rise that high, especially coming off Kanpur.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Weird that the commentators are being so nice to Gambhir here. That was a genuine drop catch, and should have been taken. Sure it was hit hard and he's pretty close, but if you're fielding at a short-ish backward point you should be capable of taking those regularly.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Weird that the commentators are being so nice to Gambhir here. That was a genuine drop catch, and should have been taken. Sure it was hit hard and he's pretty close, but if you're fielding at a short-ish backward point you should be capable of taking those regularly.
My first thought was that it was strange he was that close to begin with for Ronchi. It still would've been at a catchable height if he was further back. Still a drop though, yeah.

Zinzan

Wooo, Similar to Santner's one yesterday. Only difference, Santner was more classy in reaction.