• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

cnerd123

likes this
So Taskin Ahmed and Arafat Sunny underwent testing on their actions at Brisbane on Sept 8th, and the results should be out soon. BD also have a 30 man preliminary squad and some sort of High Performance training camp thing going on, so presumably once the results from the bowling action tests are in and the camp's over they will announce their squad for this series.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Samaraweera's appointment as batting consultant is probably a good one but its for only two series vs Afghanistan and England. Never really fond of getting coaches on board for such short term.

Hopefully Courtney Walsh will be able to continue and build on the good work done by Streak when he was the bowling coach. Walsh's contract extends up to WC '19

Players are looking excited meeting Walsh

Last edited:

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
No excuses from both sides whatever the outcome of the result. Both sides are missing some key players. Still, Bangladesh should sweep the ODI series 3-0. England's batting is probably one of the best in ODIs right now, but in Bangladeshi pitches, scoring over 300 is a tough ask. Average score is actually around 240 in Bangladeshi grounds. This is the first real test for this new-improved England ODI side, followed by the India series. The test series, however, is England's to lose. There's a very good chance Bangladesh could snatch at least one draw – probably will to be honest.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
No excuses from both sides whatever the outcome of the result. Both sides are missing some key players. Still, Bangladesh should sweep the ODI series 3-0. England's batting is probably one of the best in ODIs right now, but in Bangladeshi pitches, scoring over 300 is a tough ask. Average score is actually around 240 in Bangladeshi grounds. This is the first real test for this new-improved England ODI side, followed by the India series. The test series, however, is England's to lose. There's a very good chance Bangladesh could snatch at least one draw – probably will to be honest.
Such a big achievement if we can draw on a FLATTEST chittagong pitch

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Even without an injury he should have been missing Bangladesh tests tbh, was ridiculous that plan to give him a Test off during the India series.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Credit to England for touring and taking on the risk, however small, of being humiliated in a test match by Bangladesh. Can't say the same for Australia unfortunately, who chickened out at the prospect of facing a couple of 80kmph left arm nobodies who would upstage their W2ndPNCOS. That was no doubt Steve 'on a jet plane home' Smith's decision.

Burgey

Or they just got a terrorism warning from their government.

Mind you, I know those sorts of things are a bit silly and all. I remember Australia being laughed at on here for not touring certain places in the past for similar reasons.

Then Sri Lanka toured Pakistan and that kind of stopped, until now.

morgieb

Or they just got a terrorism warning from their government.

Mind you, I know those sorts of things are a bit silly and all. I remember Australia being laughed at on here for not touring certain places in the past for similar reasons.

Then Sri Lanka toured Pakistan and that kind of stopped, until now.
Burgey took the bait. What has CW come to?

Shady Slim

International Coach
yo may i ask what WPNCOS actually stands for?

i'm going to assume it's world's premier non chubby off spinner, ie because it's unfair to compare any off spinner to The One True HMRKBH

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I believe it stands for Worlds Premier Non Chucking Off Spinner, but I figure it may have to change to your version now that it is accepted that TPC is the best ever and he doesn't chuck.