• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adam Voges average watch

91Jmay

International Coach
He probably said that because Trotty's double ton. Sam Robson in form as well, I wouldn't want either back at all though. Think they will give Vince a go with a few more performances.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I still have nightmares about Trott in 2010/11

The guy that came back in 2013 was a completely different person, it was really sad

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Just thought I'd give this a bump seeing as Voges' average is copping a bit of a hit right about now.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Voges vs Asanka Gurusinha career trajectory comparison (check the graph):
cricrate | Adam Voges vs Asanka Gurusinha - Test Batting

I think we know what the future holds...

;)
What crap website is this...Voges averages 79.55 after 17 Tests, while Gurusinha averaged 37.88 after 17 Tests (very close to his final average of 38.71 after 41 Tests) and you think they had similar starts lol

Edit: I just had another look and around the time Voges broke the all-time Test record of highest average after 21 innings (95.50 which was just better than Bradman's 94.45), this graph shows Gurusinha ranked ahead of him at the same amount of innings, so I guess Gurusinha was also better than Bradman early on ;)

Last edited:

viriya

International Captain
What crap website is this...Voges averages 79.55 after 17 Tests, while Gurushina averaged 37.88 after 17 Tests (very close to his final average of 38.71 after 41 Tests) and you think they had similar starts lol

Edit: I just had another look and around the time Voges broke the all-time Test record of highest average after 21 innings (95.50 which was just better than Bradman's 94.45), this graph shows Gurushina ranked ahead of him at the same amount of innings, so I guess Gurushina was also better than Bradman early on ;)
I'm sorry that it disappoints you :(. You will find that runs is only one factor that is considered when rating performances if you check the methodology.

aussie tragic

International Captain
I'm sorry that it disappoints you :(. You will find that runs is only one factor that is considered when rating performances if you check the methodology.
Well if Gurasinha can rank higher than Bradman when he has an average of 37 vs 95, I'm sorry that you think this sites methodology is sound...obviously runs scored and average achieved are low factors on this site so not sure what other more significant factors come into a batsman's rating?

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
Interesting, Mike Hussey 25 Inn, 1560 runs @ 82.10 vs Voges 25 inn, 1432 runs @ 79.55

Within 4 innings the comparison changed from 'better than Bradman' to 'not as good as Hussey' :)

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Almost forgot Hussey got off blocks like that in internationals, ODIs as well IIRC.