• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2015/16

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
As if your latest topic didn't come under my broader umbrella of 'agribusiness' already. A sullen and non-smiling Northern Districts resident allegedly trying to open the Hellmouth to destroy the rainbow unicorn fantasy realms of those consumerist neo feminist girls.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I already knew of the other allegation ages ago. And whether or not I think he's guilty of rape, my opinion of him is not high given the circumstances. Newsflash: my opinion of men who do the same thing that Kuggleijn did is not very high. I don't think they're rapists if it's 'consensual' but I hardly find being smashed to the point of not knowing what happened is hardly the best time to be making judgement calls, so it'd be better if people didn't **** when they're blackout drunk. It's a cultural thing that needs to stop, and I recognise 'it takes two to tango' but more often than not, it's the man taking advantage of a more-drunk-than-he woman. I know far, far too many women who themselves, their close friends, or flatmates, have been plied with alcohol and then taken advantage of whilst not being able to stand, form words, or are actually while passed out, then only to have the blame thrown on them for getting that drunk and feeling so shameful and grossed out they don't bother going to the police. Then they hear the same thing happens to a friend of a friend from the same guy, and you realise it's a thing. And it happens a lot more than people think.
Yeah this. Look, my view is influenced by the fact that my best friend is an alcoholic, so I'm not going to pretend like I'm not biased. But if someone is so drunk that they can't do basic things like call their friends or remember how they got to where they are, then I think giving them more alcohol is a pretty **** thing to do.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Everything becomes agribusiness if you think about it long enough.
nah.

The anti-agribusiness team:
Chris Rogers
Alastair Cook
Che Pujara
Usman Khawaja
Misbah Ul-Haq (c)
Angelo Mathews
Peter Neville
Peter Siddle
Rangana Herath
Jeetan Patel (MVP)
Chris Martin

Chris Martin not playing anymore but he's the ultimate anti-agribusinessman so I'll include him as player-coach.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah this. Look, my view is influenced by the fact that my best friend is an alcoholic, so I'm not going to pretend like I'm not biased. But if someone is so drunk that they can't do basic things like call their friends or remember how they got to where they are, then I think giving them more alcohol is a pretty **** thing to do.
Except that that's her testimony and doesn't line up with the video evidence...

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Continue to be amazed at how many NZers are kicking around in County Cricket. There's the regulars like Jeets, Ryder and H. Marshall. Stints when available for NZ players in Williamson, Henry, Latham, Taylor, Wagner, with brief stop-overs for Neesham and Santner. Young not-quite NZ players like Rutherford and Craig Cachopa with places too, and especially surprising are the NZ domestic heroes like Franklin, Broom and Noema-Barnett.

Anyone I've left out?

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Except that that's her testimony and doesn't line up with the video evidence...
I haven't read anything about that part of her testimony being disproven by the cameras (just that the cameras suggest she didn't fall asleep - at least not for long - in the bathroom). And yes it is her testimony. So to choose my words slightly more carefully, if what she said regarding him buying her more alcohol when she was already trashed was accurate, then that is a ****** thing to do.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Continue to be amazed at how many NZers are kicking around in County Cricket. There's the regulars like Jeets, Ryder and H. Marshall. Stints when available for NZ players in Williamson, Henry, Latham, Taylor, with brief stop-overs for Neesham and Santner. Not-quote NZ players like Rutherford and Craig Cachopa with places too, and especially surprising are the NZ domestic heroes like Franklin, Broom and Noema-Barnett.

Anyone I've left out?
I might be wrong but I think only Ruds, Ross, Henry, KW & Latham are actual 'overseas' players, whereas the rest on that list qualify as locals.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FMD, I never knew James Fuller was a Kiwi, although I now see he's a SA-born one who played NZ U19s.

Damn, I liked it better thinking it was a pom who Styris smashed the 38 runs off 1 over.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
So I'm gonna get blasted here for returning to the previous topic but Kuggleijn's defence lawyer cross-examining the victim:

"Did you not recognise that telling him you were on the pill in those circumstances was you telling him you wanted to have *** with him?" he asked.
**** off.

edit: this is a criticism of the lawyer and the line of questioning. Let's wait and see if he's actually guilty etc.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...art-of-cricketer-scott-kuggeleijns-rape-trial

Last edited:

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
When does NZC usually release the Domestic Match Schedule (for 2016/2017) ? They have posted all the International, Domestic 'A' and age group fixtures.