• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Favourite Cricket Stadium Name

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
Bit of a fun thread as I was just going over some ground histories and thought - The Wanderers is a name worthy of the occasions that have taken place over there. Absolutely love it.

What's yours? Let's hear some unusual ones.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've always liked Edgbaston, Trent Bridge and Headingley. Proper names without 'Oval', 'Stadium' or 'Ground' in them.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just found they refer to the places also. :p Always thought they were names of the grounds.
Never mind.

Howe_zat

Audio File
What do people who live in those places call them?
If you live in Headingley you refer to the stadium as "t'crickit"

as in 'Turn right at Clarendon Road and go up past t'crickit, then go left at Sainsbury's' or 'have you seen that godawful press box up at t'crickit'?

indiaholic

International Captain
Maganbhai Thakordas Balmukundas College Ground
Nuclear Fuel Complex Ground
Mining Ground
Middle Income Group Club Ground

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
If you live in Headingley you refer to the stadium as "t'crickit"

as in 'Turn right at Clarendon Road and go up past t'crickit, then go left at Sainsbury's' or 'have you seen that godawful press box up at t'crickit'?
Haha, I had a feeling it would be something random like that. I like it!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I like Eden Gardens and Lords. Both seem like popular choices.

For those not already mentioned, I like Sabina Park and quite like the WACA.

I dislike SWALEC.