• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst bowler to take n or more wickets in Tests?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
were they Imran's disciples? Apart from Steyn who is a genuine great bowler ? Zak, Anderson,Lee all might had swung the old ball a bit.But i don't think any opponents accused them of tampering.
i am an Indian. But i truly have high regard for players like Saeed Anwar,Inzamam etc who are also from PAK . So do your ' nationalistic agenda'
holds in these players case?
You're either wilfully ignorant to suit your agenda or you've been living under a rock. Steyn's team has been accused and proven on multiple occasions to ball tamper. There's video evidence of Faf rubbing it on his zipper, if you've conveniently forgotten. There's video evidence of India ball tampering.

Every team since cricket existed has been accused of ball tampering.

Vilifying Imran Khan for being the one cricketer who's been honest about it is ridiculous.

But that's not even why you're doing it. You're doing it because he's Pakistani. Which is even worse.

rtramdas

U19 12th Man
Once Botham came out with his list of top 100 sportsmen.He only included 2 cricketers Viv & Warne in his list .The journalist quite deliberately and provocatively asked Botham as to whether Imran belonged to in his top 100 or not ? Botham replied 'No he was not good enough. it is not a personnel thing.he simply wasn't good enough.

Well one thing is quite clear from the above incident.Going by stats,even a small child can't deny Imran's greatness, let alone Botham.They are such staggering numbers.Naturally , even if Botham didn't consider Imran in this 100 list(because such a list can have too many candidates from various other sporting arenas also) he could have told something like 'just misses out' .But Botham's reply was quite dismissive 'not good enough' meaning 'no way near'. Here it can be easily assumed that Botham was indirectly refering to Imran's stats as achived by tampering.
But since he had once lost a libel case against Imran related to the same matter ,he didn't want to reveal that directly and there by again make a confrontation regarding the same.Other wise why Botham 's reply was such totally dismissive?

rtramdas

U19 12th Man
You're either wilfully ignorant to suit your agenda or you've been living under a rock. Steyn's team has been accused and proven on multiple occasions to ball tamper. There's video evidence of Faf rubbing it on his zipper, if you've conveniently forgotten. There's video evidence of India ball tampering.

Every team since cricket existed has been accused of ball tampering.

Vilifying Imran Khan for being the one cricketer who's been honest about it is ridiculous.

But that's not even why you're doing it. You're doing it because he's Pakistani. Which is even worse.
i am not sure as to whether you would have read my first post in this topic or not.There i have clearly stated that several players might have done it.but Imran to me was the main person. i have read several anecdotes from several opposition players,umpires,his own team players etc relating him with this evil act. Yes you are right.. as an Indian, if Pakistan did beat India in any match, i used to feel a little bit more mood of in those days.but then if it was thru genuine play and not by any crooked means , i had no option but graciously accept the defeat. isn't it?
On the other hand if that was achieved by this cheating way, shall i still consider such players are world beaters?

smash84

The Tiger King
i am not sure as to whether you would have read my first post in this topic or not.There i have clearly stated that several players might have done it.but Imran to me was the main person. i have read several anecdotes from several opposition players,umpires,his own team players etc relating him with this evil act. Yes you are right.. as an Indian, if Pakistan did beat India in any match, i used to feel a little bit more mood of in those days.but then if it was thru genuine play and not by any crooked means , i had no option but graciously accept the defeat. isn't it?
On the other hand if that was achieved by this cheating way, shall i still consider such players are world beaters?
:laugh:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Once Botham came out with his list of top 100 sportsmen.He only included 2 cricketers Viv & Warne in his list .The journalist quite deliberately and provocatively asked Botham as to whether Imran belonged to in his top 100 or not ? Botham replied 'No he was not good enough. it is not a personnel thing.he simply wasn't good enough.

Well one thing is quite clear from the above incident.Going by stats,even a small child can't deny Imran's greatness, let alone Botham.They are such staggering numbers.Naturally , even if Botham didn't consider Imran in this 100 list(because such a list can have too many candidates from various other sporting arenas also) he could have told something like 'just misses out' .But Botham's reply was quite dismissive 'not good enough' meaning 'no way near'. Here it can be easily assumed that Botham was indirectly refering to Imran's stats as achived by tampering.
But since he had once lost a libel case against Imran related to the same matter ,he didn't want to reveal that directly and there by again make a confrontation regarding the same.Other wise why Botham 's reply was such totally dismissive?
Yes and Sir Ian Botham is a sole custodian for deciding who is a great cricketer and who is not. Since Botham only included Viv and Warne, I bet he thinks Tendulkar, Bradman, Lara, Marshall are cheats too.

Your arguments are so off base and irrational that it's difficult to even form an argument against it because I don't know which point I should dismantle first.

So the opposition accused Imran of cheating, so they must be right. Botham conveniently had no problems when Flintoff and Jones reversed the ball to win the Ashes 2005. That makes Botham a hypocrite with a national bias..kind of like a certain poster on this thread.

Aussies accused Steyn of cheating so by your argument, Steyn is a cheat too.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aussies accused Steyn of cheating so by your argument, Steyn is a cheat too.
It couldn't be just any Aussie. It'd have to be someone as balanced and disinterested as Botham. I'm thinking Ian Healy or Shane Watson would be ideal. What are their thoughts?

Well, other than thought about themselves, of course.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Congratz Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif is now part of CW and he calls himself Rtramdas here.

Kirkut

International Regular
Talking about Imran Khan, he appears to be a seam bowler who got the ball to nip back into the right handed batsmen. Never watched him use conventional/reverse swing.

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
A Jord gets banned, and a rtramdas emerges.

The Circle of Life.
A Jord WAS banned you mean.

Worst bowler by milestone of wickets

800 Wickets - Muralitharan
700 Wickets - Muralitharan
600 Wickets - Kumble
500 Wickets - Kumble
400 Wickets - Kumble
300 Wickets - Zaheer Khan / Vettori ( so close between them )
200 Wickets - Nathan Lyon in a few more wickets
100 Wickets - Paul Harris.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Talking about Imran Khan, he appears to be a seam bowler who got the ball to nip back into the right handed batsmen. Never watched him use conventional/reverse swing.
nah he was definitely a swing bowler, right through his career.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Primarily in swing bowler with the new ball with the occasional out sing

With the old ball, got the ball to curve back in late.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A Jord WAS banned you mean.

Worst bowler by milestone of wickets

800 Wickets - Muralitharan
700 Wickets - Muralitharan
600 Wickets - Kumble
500 Wickets - Kumble
400 Wickets - Kumble
300 Wickets - Zaheer Khan / Vettori ( so close between them )
200 Wickets - Nathan Lyon in a few more wickets
100 Wickets - Paul Harris.
Kumble > Anderson > Harbhajan

smash84

The Tiger King
that was such a beautiful delivery.Rob loved it too it seems with so many replays. Came in with the angle and left slightly off the seam.