• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Chris Gayle some sort of perverted misogynist or can everyone just settle down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbacks

International Captain
Probably the whole **** storm happening in Canberra has had a synergistic effect in highlighting how offensive the incident was.

thierry henry

International Coach
holy mother of god.

let me spell this out very very very very plainly.

you asked me, completely out of nowhere, why i thought mm was hired. i said (amongst other things), that i didn't especially care, because it did not provide any mitigating circumstances in the incident i was interested in discussing.

you went and called into question my moral integrity as a result, but ok, i was being overly concise. i explained that i still didn't care because to discuss why mel was employed in the context of gayle's actions would be whataboutery, trying to justify one action by pointing to another, larger wrong, and that the two issues had no relation outside of broader discussions of how women are treated by media/sport, which i said i don't have any interest in discussing right now. which is not to say it's not a worthwhile, valid and important discussion to have, just not one i was interested in having.

you then go off on some frankly unhinged rant, accusing me of having some hidden agenda and tone-policing and bringing up tumblr (what?), when you were the one who tried to drag me into this conversation in the first place, a conversation i had indicated at every opportunity i was not interested in having right now.

so. let me say this one more time and hopefully it will actually get through whatever paranoid lens you currently have on which makes you see hostile agendas in everything i post for some reason: yes, the way women are treated within sport and within society at large is a serious and broad issue, one that deserves serious attention in its own right. yes, you have made worthwhile and reasonable points in that regard. no, i am not interested in that discussion right now, that is way too vast a subject for me to tackle appropriately at this absurd hour of the night/morning.

seriously.
Eh. I'm not being paranoid. You're a disingenuous wanker.

Spark

Global Moderator
Eh. I'm not being paranoid. You're a disingenuous wanker.
is this seriously how you behave every time someone indicates they don't feel like talking about something?

seriously, grow the **** up. you could have taken my first or even my second post and just gone "ok, fair enough" and left it at that, but no. there is precisely one person interested in turning this into a massive ****-fight, and that is you.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Sky News Australia @SkyNewsAust
The @RenegadesBBL say Gayle's comments 'one-off' incident,down to cultural differences and were in jest.
madre dios ($10k fine as well)

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
is this seriously how you behave every time someone indicates they don't feel like talking about something?

seriously, grow the **** up. you could have taken my first or even my second post and just gone "ok, fair enough" and left it at that, but no. there is precisely one person interested in turning this into a massive ****-fight, and that is you.
I think Spark just blew a fuse

SuperMurali

School Boy/Girl Captain
Gayle made a boo boo, but this incident has been blown out of proportion. It was even the first story on the news here in NZ. Though CG shouldn't have made any advances on live tv. She's a reporter/journalist/host/commentator; not a piece of meat.

So everyone should calm down, but will remember not to do this in inappropriate situations

:)

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's pretty sad, a genuine star of the game was getting an interview, an industry massively dominated by men, saw it was a woman doing the interview, and genuinely thought to himself 'lol, a woman, time to have a laugh with this'

and then people said it was just a joke

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Gayle made a boo boo, but this incident has been blown out of proportion. It was even the first story on the news here in NZ. Though CG shouldn't have made any advances on live tv. She's a reporter/journalist/host/commentator; not a piece of meat.

So everyone should calm down, but will remember not to do this in inappropriate situations

:)
This would be great if everyone would agree that it was wrong. But the biggest percentage of comments I have read (yeah I know reading internet comments is bad) has been "this has been blown out of proportion and Gayle did nothing wrong he was just having a joke people should lighten up"

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's pretty sad, a genuine star of the game was getting an interview, an industry massively dominated by men, saw it was a woman doing the interview, and genuinely thought to himself 'lol, a woman, time to have a laugh with this'

and then people said it was just a joke
Clearly to him it was

But now he's ruined cricket for at least a day, so he should be hated regardless of what anyone thinks.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'd like to see a venn diagram of people who think Murali is a chucker and people who think Gayle did nothing wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.