• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Worth a shot but he's not as good in FC as Limited stuff. We have literally tried everyone else though so he deserves his chance.
I think Collingwood or Onions was having a cry that Stoneman of all people hasn't been tried yet, could still get worse.

Stapel

International Regular
Wad do English fans think of Hales as test match opening batsman?

Seems a very interesting selection to say the least
Not really an England fan, though I do get into English cricket the most. I would have picked Hales a year earlier at least. When Robson was picked, I think.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably been beaten to death but IMO no way Carberry should have been dropped

I know he hasn't done much in first-class since then so hasn't knocked the door down for re-selection but who knows how much the dropping hurt him, especially at his age.

91Jmay

International Coach
This pitch has some serious pace and bounce to it. Outfield rapid as well which is a nice change from Durban.

Rabada with an inauspicious start. First impressions are that he has all the tools to be a very successful quick bowler. Seam presentation needs a bit of work though.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Probably been beaten to death but IMO no way Carberry should have been dropped

I know he hasn't done much in first-class since then so hasn't knocked the door down for re-selection but who knows how much the dropping hurt him, especially at his age.
Nor should have Compo. He's made it back though.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah that looked dead live to me. Does wind me up a bit how much smaller in umpires mind leg stump is.

Stapel

International Regular
Yeah that looked dead live to me. Does wind me up a bit how much smaller in umpires mind leg stump is.
Umpires still need to be free of doubt, not? In that sense the call was right, as (reapeating myself here, sorry) the umpire has to judge the angle too.

Since it was just clipping, it wasn't a bad call anyway.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At this very moment KP is batting at the MCG in front of 80,000 people

where do you think he'd rather be?

I reckon he'd still prefer to be playing for England

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
At this very moment KP is batting at the MCG in front of 80,000 people

where do you think he'd rather be?

I reckon he'd still prefer to be playing for England
Of course he would. The best thing about England doing well is we don't get to hear about him and his best bud Piers shuts up.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It really is going to be interesting to see how Morkel performs today as the spearhead in home conditions. You'd imagine the England bats will be circumspect off his bowling and will look to target one of the inexperienced pace bowlers.