• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia 2015/16

Athlai

Not Terrible
The most annoying thing is that WW would be posting positive things about Braithwaite and Bravo amongst all this shambles. I can still see it,

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The most annoying thing is that WW would be posting positive things about Braithwaite and Bravo amongst all this shambles. I can still see it,
Yep, right alongside conspiracy theories about Narine, claims that players who weren't available would've helped the team no end even though he kept calling for them to be dropped when they were playing, and randomly name-drops of young players who have played less than ten First Class games.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Chandrika aside none of those guys are individually terrible players. This team is much worse than the sum of its parts and as I pointed out earlier the parts aren't exactly great to begin with.
The two main issues with the West Indies are (IMO):

1) Only Ramdin and Samuels offer genuine experience. And Samuels in particular doesn't strike me as a great leader. There's no-one to rally around, no-one to give Holder guidence whereas a couple of years ago you had Chanderpaul at least.
2) No out and out superstars. The West Indies of the 2000's probably had worse depth but at least they had the likes of Lara and Chanderpaul. Now though.....

Oversimplifed but that's part of the cause as you said.

IMO Johnson should replace Chandrika, Dowrich for Ramdin and Brathwaite for Gabriel. Other than that though they've pretty much got their Best XI....

Niall

International Coach
not sure what the west indies can do. this is about the best team they can realistically field. gayle cbf, pollard cbf, dwayne bravo cbf.

half the team can genuinely play but only one or two ever turn up in a test
Russell cbf as well.

Agreed bar a past it Shiv, their really isn't much they can do really. I'd be tempted to bin Roach as his bowling was dire but he was actually one of their best bats. Samuels is a waste of time these days, doesn't care, can't bowl and a crap test batsman.

Whoever the reserve test batsman is pick him I would.

Braithwaite will come in for Gabriel next test, but they are doomed to slaughter.

morgieb

Russell cbf as well.

Agreed bar a past it Shiv, their really isn't much they can do really. I'd be tempted to bin Roach as his bowling was dire but he was actually one of their best bats. Samuels is a waste of time these days, doesn't care, can't bowl and a crap test batsman.

Braithwaite will come in for Gabriel next test, but they are doomed to slaughter.
Y'know, while I supported him getting dumped when he was, I do wonder in hindsight if that was the turning point for the West Indies. Even for the 12 months before his dropping while they were poor, they weren't ghastly like they are now. Was his dumping a sign towards the squad just not caring anymore?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Russell cbf as well.

Hope and Dowrich won't do any better tbh.

Which is fitting because WI haven't got a hope in hell.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The two main issues with the West Indies are (IMO):

1) Only Ramdin and Samuels offer genuine experience. And Samuels in particular doesn't strike me as a great leader. There's no-one to rally around, no-one to give Holder guidence whereas a couple of years ago you had Chanderpaul at least.
2) No out and out superstars. The West Indies of the 2000's probably had worse depth but at least they had the likes of Lara and Chanderpaul. Now though.....
Isn't that a "why the team they are fielding is ****" rather than a "what is wrong with WI cricket in general"?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yep, right alongside conspiracy theories about Narine, claims that players who weren't available would've helped the team no end even though he kept calling for them to be dropped when they were playing, and randomly name-drops of young players who have played less than ten First Class games.
And also videos of age group phenoms who we would be seeing soon.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Meh, they kinda go hand in hand.
How so? The problems of WI cricket go far deeper than just lack of experience and no genuine superstars though. That's just why the current XI are losing in 3 days, not why they look like they'll never be good for another decade - i.e. culture and instability.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I mean the thing about this WI side is that the players aren't necessarily terrible, they just don't seem to be a team at all.

OverratedSanity

Pretty funny that England lost to this mob though.
Windies did play well that series though. It's not as though they don't have any talent at all. All of Roach, Braithwaite, Bravo, Blackwood, clearly have ability. But most of the team just cbf.