• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia 2015/16

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Probably the least of their issues, but these blokes look so severely short on pace for their height.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Can't believe CA are happy to have this West Indies team come out for tests but not Bangladesh
I'm not a fan of 2 Test series but I'd be in favour of reducing the Windies to 2 and giving South Africa 5 when they visit England in 2017.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The most unworthy wicket to ever have been taken.

Not surprised at all Burns was bowled.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was going to try and argue this, but if you have a look at the other international #7s at the moment, most of them are either really inexperienced or just not very good. Watling and Sarfraz aside, Holder doesn't really look out of place alongside Nevill, Saha, Vilas/de Kock, Bairstow/Buttler and Mendis/Kusal. He's slightly weak compared to most of them but I think he probably belongs in that league. It's not a great period for #7s at the moment so it's hard to say the West Indies are weak compared to other teams because of their #7.
Indeed. They're weak because their number seven often comes in at 5/50 odd

Niall

International Coach
Yeah Holder's probably fine at seven. I had it in my head that he was batting six but in that case I think Ramdin would be okay at seven as well. Not great, but fine.

I like Blackwood and there's not really much different between five and six to be fair, but if you take the idea that #6 is generally the fourth best middle order batsman in a team, I don't think he's really good enough to be the third best middle order batsman in a Test team. I also think his technique is really unsuited to Australian conditions; watch as he gets caught between second slip and gully all summer.

Not a dig at you, but I will never understand the debate whether Holder should bat in the top seven or not, in this shower of crap, he can bat whatever position he likes. There is nowhere close to six better batsmen than Holder in the west indies.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Kinda want Smith to declare before close of play just so Aus can have a crack at a 2 day test.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not a dig at you, but I will never understand the debate whether Holder should bat in the top seven or not, in this shower of crap, he can bat whatever position he likes. There is nowhere close to six better batsmen than Holder in the west indies.
Yeah, that's the point. The criticism was of the quality of their side; not their selection. When I said a bunch of players were batting a spot too high, I didn't mean they had a gun number four to bring in and drop everyone down one.

Niall

International Coach
Give me strength, they are tipping up Shaun Marsh channel 9 commentators at 9/1 to top score. :laugh:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Kinda want Smith to declare before close of play just so Aus can have a crack at a 2 day test.
You'd be one of the only people wanting this. A two day Test benefits pretty much no one else with the next Test not until Boxing Day.