• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool D - France, Ireland, Italy, Canada, Romania

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I feel like this France team have almost nothing in common with the NZ bogie teams of yore. NZ are even better now too. The gulf in quality this time is surely too big.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I feel like this France team have almost nothing in common with the NZ bogie teams of yore. NZ are even better now too. The gulf in quality this time is surely too big.
There are split opinions amongst fans on the Interwebs

50% have your opinion
50% have my opinion

Who knows who is right. All of us think that the All Blacks should win. Some of us just think it could turn into a nail biter.

Some conjecture in one interesting post I read that France are increasingly cbf'd about the 6N. I don't know if that is true but if it is then their form coming into the tournament could be misleading.

Anyway when you have been crushed by them in 1999 and 2007 you don't forget easily. But yes there isn't much wrong with your post even if I have a different view.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
that's not true at all.

France were absolutely garbage in the first half of the last world cup. NZ is not better now - 2011 Kaino and Read were much better than they are now, Corey Jane and Dagg were on top of their game, Conrad Smith was better, Keven Mealamu and Brad Thorn guaranteed breaking the advantage line every time.

Our halfback is probably the only position that is truly better. Maybe in the locks.

Uppercut

that's not true at all.

France were absolutely garbage in the first half of the last world cup. NZ is not better now - 2011 Kaino and Read were much better than they are now, Corey Jane and Dagg were on top of their game, Conrad Smith was better, Keven Mealamu and Brad Thorn guaranteed breaking the advantage line every time.

Our halfback is probably the only position that is truly better. Maybe in the locks.
Haha yeah but you won in 2011. I was talking about compared to the '99 and '07 teams. I won't pretend to know enough about either side to compare with today's on a player-by-player basis but the ABs win percentage has gone absolutely through the roof since then.

Uppercut

There are split opinions amongst fans on the Interwebs

50% have your opinion
50% have my opinion

Who knows who is right. All of us think that the All Blacks should win. Some of us just think it could turn into a nail biter.

Some conjecture in one interesting post I read that France are increasingly cbf'd about the 6N. I don't know if that is true but if it is then their form coming into the tournament could be misleading.

Anyway when you have been crushed by them in 1999 and 2007 you don't forget easily. But yes there isn't much wrong with your post even if I have a different view.
We're coming at it with the opposite psychology. We'd both love to be proven wrong.

It's nonsense that France cbf with the 6N. They're just desperately trying to excuse the four years they've just spent having their arse handed to them by Wales and Ireland. England tried to spin the exact same bull**** and most of the media bought it too.

Niall

International Coach
Here we go again.:laugh:

Bernard Jackman ‏@bernardjackman 40m40 minutes ago
Reports in France that Phillipe Saint Andre has been ousted and the players are coaching themselves this week. Play All Blacks Saturday!

Uppercut

France aren't ****e, they just 'aren't taking the World Cup all that seriously these days'.