• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who had the better start to their test Career? Jimmy Adams or Mike Hussey?

Jimmy or Mike

• Jimmy Adams

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Michael Hussey

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
to my credit I've wanted to discuss cricket in detail my whole life and never found a forum til well, 3 months ago. It's not like my mates want to chat about who's better out of Atherton and Stewart.
Stewart. Now, don't create a thread for this.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Back to the thread topic, Vinod Kambli averaged 93.7 after 10 tests [within his first 7 tests he scored 4 centuries - 2 of them doubles]

...and he played 7 more after that

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
has it been that many? lol. i might slow it down then
Nah don't listen to him. Sometimes I find your threads a little bit specific (this is a good example of that) but often even when they are specifically comparing two players they evolve into more general discussions about broader ideas (when they don't end up devolving into Warne v Murali, Tendulkar v someone or Williamson v Smith), and that's always cool.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
god harsh did i run over your dog or something. you and lillian thompson really do not like me

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ha, noted. its a shame though he seems pretty insightful, just cruel. harsh just comes across as condescending, but far out it is 2am here i get a bit over-sensitive at night

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
My initial thought was Hussey. Because no-one in my lifetime's had a better start - and it just seemed to go on and on and on.

But then when you take account of the fact that Hussey was (imo) a much better player than Adams, Adams' freakish start, though a bit more short-lived, was in its way just as remarkable.