• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sanga retiring, where does he place?

Sanga retiring, where does he place?

• 2nd greatest Test batsman ever

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Just above Tendulkar and Lara

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Same level as Tendulkar and Lara

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Just below Tendulkar and Lara

Votes: 30 52.6%

• Total voters

Burner

International Regular
The big 3 argument is a load of drivel. If you are good enough, people will notice regardless of which team you play for. Sanga is a legend and he will be remembered as such.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
i've got no issues with bowling attacks. i cbf looking up who sangakkara faced because im sick and i cbf anyway but kohli doing what he did in the wake of 5-0 ashes is the goods. if i was going to hammer on kohli i'd choose his english series and point out his nz 100 was pointless and in a relatively easy situation.

someone with more ability to care to look up how often sangakkara had the gloves while facing aussie.

i would still argue the big three thing makes the gap a lot wider than it seems (kohli's hot streak down under being a case in point of getting a roll on - sangakkara may have scored multiple tons as well if his hobart knock was in a 4-5 test series) but kohli being a better player of pure pace and bounce (not movement) is a decent argument. not one that im yet convinced by but now we've stopped being ****s to each other i may be willing to meet you in the middle. 51-49 to me:ph34r:
Kohli scored two centuries in the very first Test of that series. Even if it had been just a non-big 3 two test series, he'd still have scored twice as many centuries against Australia in the one series than Sangakkara has in his entire career :p It's not like he's needing to get his eye in and scoring all his centuries at the fag end of Test series'.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
The big 3 argument is a load of drivel. If you are good enough, people will notice regardless of which team you play for.
they don't though. this is why "kane williams" and "sangakkara the wicketkeeper test opener in a 2014 world XI for C9" are a thing

Flem274*

123/5
Kohli scored two centuries in the very first Test of that series. Even if it had been just a non-big 3 two test series, he'd still have scored twice as many centuries against Australia in the one series than Sangakkara has in his entire career :p It's not like he's coming in and scoring all his centuries at the fag end of Test series'.
was probably a road, FCA and FTB. crap attack. it can't even beat england now.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
they don't though. this is why "kane williams" and "sangakkara the wicketkeeper test opener in a 2014 world XI for C9" are a thing
That's the general public though. Most here on CW follow every test series. Maybe not as dedicatedly as a series involving their own country but you have people from every nation posting in match threads and presumably watching the match being played by two other countries. And even here, most do rate Kallis and Sanga a smidgen below Tendulkar and Lara. You can't really explain that.

Flem274*

123/5
fine **** you virat lolhli is better to date against australia than sangakkara. sangakkara is the much better player overall and up there with the very bestest.

also kohli fluked it. when he scores a double ton on a green top against furball's #1 test side ever new zealand we'll talk.:ph34r:

Flem274*

123/5
That's the general public though. Most here on CW follow every test series. Maybe not as dedicatedly as a series involving their own country but you have people from every nation posting in match threads and presumably watching the match being played by two other countries. And even here, most do rate Kallis and Sanga a smidgen below Tendulkar and Lara. You can't really explain that.
this forum is basically one big australia-nz-england-india love/hate in though and the talk (understandably) usually follows those teams by a long way. we have like three sri lankans - a computer, an australian and a **** respectively.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
If we are so keen on comparing Kohli/Sanga vs Australia without context, how about we also compare Kohli/Sanga in England? Kohli averages what 20 in England?

Flem274*

123/5
looking back my original argument to burner was concerning the wider public so actually before i got lead down a new field i was right so i win

life changing.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
If we are so keen on comparing Kohli/Sanga vs Australia without context, how about we also compare Kohli/Sanga in England? Kohli averages what 20 in England?
There is absolutely no doubt that Kohli is an inferior player of Jimmy Anderson movement.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
same goes for regularity - even though kohli flopped in england he'll get another extended crack in two minutes and he had a good look at english conditions through those 4 tests.
The whole post was full of drivel but I wanted a crack at this part in particular. Kohli faced about 20 balls in the entire series, the only thing he got a good look at was the dressing rooms.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I propose that the reason why Kohli's record suffers unfairly is because being a big 3 nation player, he's exposed to more Tests in England which drags down his record. :ph34r:

Flem274*

123/5
The whole post was full of drivel but I wanted a crack at this part in particular. Kohli faced about 20 balls in the entire series, the only thing he got a good look at was the dressing rooms.
being ruthlessly exposed over a longer period gives you more of a trend to look at than "oh i nicked off 3 or 4 times, oh well, i'll have to work on that for our next series in four years time"

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I propose that the reason why Kohli's record suffers unfairly is because being a big 3 nation player, he's exposed to more Tests in England which drags down his record. :ph34r:
It's a theory that's got more validity than whatever Phlegm is talking about.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
being ruthlessly exposed over a longer period gives you more of a trend to look at than "oh i nicked off 3 or 4 times, oh well, i'll have to work on that for our next series in four years time"
Kohli was never at the crease long enough to notice the conditions never mind work them out.