• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2015-16

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not a fan of this year's official Premiership ball at all. Hardly a big deal, but it just looks crap imo.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It'll be looked back on in a "WTF was wrong with people in the 2010s" way, like those technicolour-vomit away kits of the 90s.

Uppercut

West Ham going out of the Europa at this stage is a nightmare for England's coefficient. It's set to get really tight between them and Italy for the 4th CL place around 2017, so the FA might need to think about taking some action.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Would have thought England will have it won by kick off time mate
Good call, it does make the decision easier now.

In sayig that, I am still holding out some hope that Warner goes from 100 to 220* or so while I'm watching a Spurs 2-1 win.

Uppercut

What sort of action?
The obvious thing to do would be to stop giving a place to FA Cup runners-up, Hull stank up the joint last season and Villa are dire too. Bit of a handicap having West Ham qualify for Fair Play, but I don't think they can do anything about that.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The obvious thing to do would be to stop giving a place to FA Cup runners-up, Hull stank up the joint last season and Villa are dire too. Bit of a handicap having West Ham qualify for Fair Play, but I don't think they can do anything about that.
Which they've done this season. Villa aren't in Europe; Tottenham, Southampton and Liverpool qualified for the Europa as a result of their league positions.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
West Ham got a fair play spot. Clearly the solution is to encourage red cards and foul fan behaviour in European competitions.

(This was also why they started so early)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't know how teams can turn their nose up at a competition that comes with a CL place, even if the lure of a European Trophy in itself isn't enough for mighty West Ham in their pursuit of 8th

#AMF

EDIT - tbf I have no idea how seriously West Ham took it, but Hull last year were a joke.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I imagine a lot of the teams like West Ham probably think, all things considered, that they have a better chance of obtaining a CL spot through finishing 4th than by attempting to win the Europa League. Obvs that's massively unlikely to happen, but I can see the logic (i.e. "It'd be better to have a crack in the league and finish 10th than have a crack at the Europa League and tire out all the players, lose via a dodgy goal in the semi-final, and end up nearly being/being relegated")